Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

My device display now shows each camera location twice. I have made no changes to my settings prior nor updated the app. All of a sudden I get two camera displays of my driveway, front door and rear decking. The only difference in the displays is one camera shows the wifi icon and the battery life icon like always - and the second camera does not show the wifi icon and the battery life icon is outlined in red. Same for all three cameras. I'm using version 2.3.0 for the iphone app

52 REPLIES 52
kwa_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Additional info - I had disabled two cameras last night because of excessive activity in thoses areas.  The "real" display shows the picture on those cameras shaded with the standard message "this camera is currently disabled ....".  On the "ghost" cameras a picture shows from 14 hours ago with no indication the cameras are disabled.  The wireless icon is missing and the battery is a red outline as described previously.  Would seem to indicate a problem in refreshing the device status and/or image.

kwa_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone 6SE with ios 10.2 - deleted the app - reinstalled - everything restored properly.  Problem did not occur on iPad Mini with ios 9.3.5 or Windows 10.0.14393.

kwa_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

For Netgear technical support: In trying to resolve the multiple camera display issue observed the following:

Logged into iphone app with Arlo login.  Went to view from Windows with same login and it forced logoff from iphone, all camera status was lost, and internet connection light went amber.  Attempted to re-create this condition and logoff was forced but impact to camera status and internet connection were inconsistent.  Changed Windows login to a user granted "Shared Access" and it never occurred.

Gigijagi
Initiate
Initiate

Please explain "Changed Windows login to a user granted "Shared Access" and it never occurred."?? Thanks!

kwa_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can grant other people access to one or more cameras with different access rights.  I set one up for my wife and myself.  I can use my "Arlo login" and sign on with the "granted right" simultaneously from multiple devices.  The following link discusses this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account/ta-p/40

Hope this helps - let me know if you need any additional info.

Paul706
Aspirant
Aspirant
When netgear going to fix this crap I try everything still see 2 of same cameras
Paul706
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi try this it works for me log out of your arlo app and the delete it reinstall the app log back in it should work
JMW
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having the double camera issue. It just appeared today however my husband is not and we both have the iOS app. Is there a fix for this yet?
Paul706
Aspirant
Aspirant
Log out of the app delete the app reinstall the app log back in it should fix the problem it works for me
kwa_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Don't know - haven't heard any response to my comments. Would think they would want to engage more with their users. I would really like to see them provide software that didn't require connection to their cloud. I have implemented vision based systems personally and professionally and never saw these kinds of problems persist for so long.
Paul706
Aspirant
Aspirant
Log out of the app delete the app reinstall the app log back in it should fix the problem it works for m
mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Deleting the app and reinstalling has been tried before by others. The problem reappears.

Personally I'm not of the mindset to have to reinstall the customized schedules and geofencing as well as the camera settings again, especially when Support has not indicated this to be a fix. It's strictly a software issue with the iPhone and Arlo software. iPad does not have this problem as far as I can see. Arlo is a premium product and it can be fixed. It just needs focus by Support.

bnelson22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue. All of a sudden two windows per camera appear on my iPhone app. Like others here, the second one for each camera shows an empty battery even though my batteries were just replaced.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is still being investigated by the engineering team. Please do not attempt to remove the duplicate cameras as this does not resolve the issue. Some users have reported having success by uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and downloading a fresh version from the app store. I will post an update when I have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience,
JamesC

Bgunning2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any fixes here, very frustrating seeing two cameras for 1 device
DX4
Guide
Guide

I am still waiting on a fix.  Can Netgear just revert back to previous version until this version is fixed? It is very frustrating as I tried everything and no luck.  Also with the double cameras I do not get notifications if the cameras is activated?  Come on Netgear this is taking too long??

Trich
Aspirant
Aspirant

Device display showed each camera twice and also duplicated the base station, so I deleted the duplicate base station. Have since deleted app from my iPhone 6S and reintalled lated app 2.3.1. I am now unable to connect the base station althoug I have all 3 green lights showing. Unable to get throug to tech support eitrher! Very dissappointing Netgear!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trich,

If would like to assist you with getting your base station back online, I will reach out to you in a private message for more information.

JamesC

ChopsArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all, I think the secondary screen is somehow created when the Arlo is too far away from the router for a period is time (blinking purple light). I've noticed in troubleshooting that once I moved the router closer to my camera, and logged out of the app and back in, the second screen disappears. Hope this helps
APB83
Guide
Guide
Up until today mine was fine. Now I have duplicates. I tried to remove the duplicates but it removed the entire system!!

Surely this isn't hard to resolve?! It's been weeks now!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in iOS app version 2.3.2 please visit the app store and update your Arlo mobile app to this latest version.

JamesC

mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

2.3.2 fixed my problem just fine. No more ghost server/cameras.

Thanks Arlo Support team - good fix

tcdesignsit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Very frustrating.... camera still goes off line now this double and triple camera ordeal! I'm a very unhappy camper. Thinking about returning and just paying for home security with cameras. Uggghhh
tcdesignsit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah but all of my cameras disappeared when I did that. Now I have to climb on a ladder take them all down and re-sync I guess! 😫
Backup
Tutor
Tutor

My problem is resolved.

I have found the solution ! and it works.   Ignore it"

The camera duplication is happening when i use Geofence.

When i stop using Geofence the duplications disappear.

Geofence works fine.