Arlo connectivity issue

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bama6019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to return one of the cameras from a 4 camera set for an issue.  When I received the replacement camera it powered on fine but cannot sync/connect to my base station.

I pressed the sync button on the base station and received the correct blinking light signal, then pressed the sync button on top of the camera and also received a slow blinking blue light, but it will not connect to the base station.  When I initially setup the system and synced the cameras there was only a 15-20 second delay before the rapid blue flashing would commence and connect the camera, but this replacement camera just can't seem to connect.  I only get a slow blinking blue light for 5 minutes as it tries to connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bama6019
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried your solution and had the same results as previous. I have exhausted all of the troubleshooting methods and returned the entire system back to the point of sale in exchange for a new system.
I setup the new system with no issues and am back to happy again. Thank you for all of your help and suggestions.
Merry Christmas to all!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure your doing a QUICK push on the base sync button , don't hold for 2 secs.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bama6019
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, I will try that out later and let you know if it works.
Bama6019
Aspirant
Aspirant
As suggested I did a quick push on the sync button, which made the light blink. I then did a quick push on the camera sync button that made the light blink blue, which indicated that the camera was searching for the base station.
After 3 attempts the camera still cannot sync to the base station. The only indication that can be achieved from the camera is the steady, not fast, blue blinking light.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base and open and close the battery door.  If the same issue, try resetting the base using the rest button until the LEDs flash amber, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  If that doesn't work, swap the system at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Bama6019
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried your solution and had the same results as previous. I have exhausted all of the troubleshooting methods and returned the entire system back to the point of sale in exchange for a new system.
I setup the new system with no issues and am back to happy again. Thank you for all of your help and suggestions.
Merry Christmas to all!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's certainly unfortunate that you had to go through all of that but I'm happy you persevered and have a resolution.

And a merry Christmas right back at you!