Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
olasusa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone else having issues with their cameras being offline right now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanielRK
Tutor
Tutor

@jguerdat Factory reset, ad base and cams, now working again. Thanks.😀

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
DavidTexas
Tutor
Tutor

Same here.  Hub and camera are all offline.  Status light is green.  We are still getting motion detection alerts.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Both VMB4000 bases are offline, app says they have been updated and then shows the offline messages.

nebj00la
Tutor
Tutor

There appears to be an Arlo outage, as I have the same problem. The cameras show up in HomeKit, so it's not a problem with the cameras.

Glenda123
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue

Raampage
Star
Star

Yup...for like the last hour.

What's funny is if you go to https://status.arlo.com all the lights are green.

Hover over one of the "All Good" indicators and see the last updated date / time.

Something tells me this is not automated....

Glenda123
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, one of my all good green status updates was from Nov 2022

Glenda123
Tutor
Tutor

It would be nice if Arlo let people know when there is an issue. 

Raampage
Star
Star

Well, according to all their error messages, it's always on your end.

Your device is either not connected to the internet, or not powered on...I've never seen it say "oops, our servers are down again..."

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Well it’s been four hours and still no indication that arlo is aware of an issue.

Base station LEDs are all green, triggered recordings to cloud library still working.

Noted other users reporting that a power cycle will not resolve it.

Others reported loosing everything when they try removing and adding back especially when factory reset.

I guess we will need to wait for another firmware release by arlo to get it fixed if they can.

Raampage
Star
Star

Finally back up for me.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Same here, looks like the firmware was reverted back.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Firmware never reverts. WHat the servers were/are doing is a different issue.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@jguerdat ,

Yes arlo has previously reversed firmware updates when they catastrophically fail.

Yes the arlo regional servers download them to the specific model of base stations.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think that may have happened once, quite some time ago. It's certainly not a regular thing. The servers issue in this case is not related to firmware on the cameras/bases/hubs. You can verify this by checking the Release Notes section here to see that your installed firmware version is the same as what's shown there.

olasusa
Aspirant
Aspirant

is happens again, my cameras when off overnight. services are getting bad

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@jguerdat ,

It is impossible to identify the firmware  version when the Base station is saying it is offline, you can only go by the firmware update messages that appear when you check the online status of your devices that then change to the offline messages.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, yeah.

At some point the system will come back on so you can check. Whatever the issue was now seems to be resolved - at least I haven't seen the burst of posts about offline continuing.

DanielRK
Tutor
Tutor

Still offline here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the router and base, in that order. What are the base LEDs showing?

DanielRK
Tutor
Tutor

@jguerdat  Yes several times. Alle 3 green but the middle blinks 5 times then solid green again and repeat.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The middle (Internet) LED will blink when traffic is occurring, just as your router's LED will blink. That's normal.

There would seem to be 2 possible solutions:

1) Temporarily purchase a single camera monthly subscription so you can contact official support. You can cancel it when done but realize there's no pro-rated refund - you get the whole month.

2) Remove the cameras connected to the base as well as the base from your account and start fresh. That should fix things but it's a brute force method which can be a PITA.

DanielRK
Tutor
Tutor

@jguerdat Factory reset, ad base and cams, now working again. Thanks.😀