Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras do not stream in 4k nor 2k while connected locally.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JRKing
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Ultra and Pro3 cameras are no longer locally streaming in 4k/2k. 

Motion detection is very inconsistent. Adjusting sensitivity has no effect better or worse.

Accessing local recordings no longer filters by camera.

When batteries are fully charged the battery level is stuck at 100% when in reality the camera has since been drained below 100. Deleting the camera from the system an re-syncronizing reveals the actual battery level. Very inconvenient.

Cameras show full signal strength but take 30s seconds or more to load. Sometimes never connecting.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried power-cycling the smarthub?

On the battery readings - have you tried restarting the phone instead of re-adding the camera?

JRKing
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I've tried resetting everything before inconveniently deleting the camera and going through the onboarding process for the hundredth time.

A full Arlo system and network power cycle did restore local 4k/2k streams.

I have to restart the Arlo system multiple times a month just to keep them somewhat operational. Calling them security cameras is laughable since reliability is the biggest issue I have with the system. My network has more than enough throughput to handle multiple 4k live streams, but constantly have to reset cameras and hub due to missed motion recordings, or overload of motion detection. Also the "routines" are pointless. I have combined actions based on motion detection from a primary camera and either the routine doesn't run or it prevents either camera from recording after motion detection. 

Why is a manual record button a "premium feature"? The primary function of a security camera is to record. Like selling a car that you can't drive without paying a monthly subscription fee on top of the advertised price of the car. 

Firmware updates are a roll of the dice on losing a feature or some new glitch is introduced into my Arlo system. Last update I lost the ability to filter my recordings by camera location and no more disabling the charged battery status light. 

JRKing
Tutor
Tutor

I did find the ability to disable the fully charged status light. The app update moved it from the known settings menu location. 

In the individual settings menu for the cameras, you can tap the camera model at the top and find the switch for the indicator light.