Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera will not sync after being out of battery for a while

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HCRDAN
Follower
Follower

One of my Arlo cameras was out of batteries for the last 3 weeks (relevant as I understand that there may have been an automatic firmware update in that time frame).  I replaced the batteries on that camera and another today. The one that was out of batteries will not sync up. The other that never lost power synced up fine.

Ive tried to sync up the camera several time with the same results each time.  The blue LED on the camera continues to slow flash blue after the green Router LED goes to solid green after the expected green flash cycle.  I'm thinking there is some sort of firmware update related issue going on here that is preventing the camera from syncing properly since the other camera synced fine.

I've also tried removing the camera from the app and tried to add it back in and same results. slow flash blue continues forever.

In between attempts to sync the camera, I've removed the batteries to reset the camera, BTW.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Open and close the battery door ...

go into settings and under camera use Remove Device

power button reset the base

when fully back, QUICKLY push the sync button on the base , then a couple sec later the cam sync

If none of this works, put in a trouble ticket to Netgear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------