Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera system went offline and now won't resync

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DLinkOZ
Guide
Guide

For the second time, my vacation was met with subpar results.  Some background:

I bought a 3 camera system in April.  I work from home, and use geofencing, so they're not active very often.  A few days before a vacation in July everything was great, all three cameras showed full green battery status.  Suddenly, and on the day I was leaving, two cameras jumped to red battery status and my entire trip was spent with only a single (upstairs) camera functioning.  So it provided little security and peace of mind.

I got home and replaced the batteries in those two units.  Then, just 3 weeks ago, I replaced the batteries in the 3rd camera.  All was good, until last week.  Again, I went out of town for vacation and less than 24 hours later the entire base station went offline.  My internet connection was still up, I could VPN to my house, and another computer connected to the same physical switch was still online.  So again, I had no security from these cameras when it mattered most.

I came home, rebooted the base station and it was again accessible.  However, all cameras showed offline.  I popped the batteries out of one and put them back in, to restart it.  Nothing.  I did the same to another, and it came back online but complained about low battery level.  This is the camera that got new batteries three weeks ago.  The other two cameras won't go through a sync process, no blue light when I try.  So as of now, the only camera that will sync to the base station is falsely complaining about low batteries (they're nearly new Duracells).

4 REPLIES 4
DLinkOZ
Guide
Guide

So now all three cameras believe they suddenly, and coincidentally to the base station issue, have low batteries.  Even that which has three week old batteries.  Smells more like a bad firmware update.  Still, only one shows online in the app, the other two are dead as can be outside of the double amber flash on the cameras themselves.

DLinkOZ
Guide
Guide

Must be the recent firmware update - Even the base station shows offline now.  I have even gone so far as to perform a full factory reset.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reset using the reset button until the LEDs falsh amber? Did you remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then add the base back in, followed by syncing the cameras?

DLinkOZ
Guide
Guide

That's exactly what I had to do, which is ridiculous.  Left the house on Monday, everything worked perfectly and all three cameras showed full battery.  Tuesday afternoon, 1300 miles away, it all went dark including the base station.  Came home, had to reboot the base station and all cameras showed offline in the app.  Deleting everything and resetting was the only fix, and now one camera is totally dead and two are orange (battery).  It's to the point where whenever I leave I feel that I have to do a preventative reset and fresh batteries because it can't be trusted.