Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ArloNewbie
Follower
Follower

Does the Arlo camera record video in High Definition? How to I get the best picture quality possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello ArloNewbie,

The Arlo cameras can stream up to 720p high definition resolution. If you are right at (or below) the minimum upstream of 1Mbps and depending on your specific network bandwidth the picture quality may be slightly degraded.

The default system setting is "Optimized" which balances the video quality and battery life. However, you can configure your system setting to "Best Video Quality". Please note this option may consume more battery life.

To learn more about Arlo and see examples of actual footage from an Arlo camera please visit About Arlo Smart Home.

Thank you for your interest in Arlo!

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello ArloNewbie,

The Arlo cameras can stream up to 720p high definition resolution. If you are right at (or below) the minimum upstream of 1Mbps and depending on your specific network bandwidth the picture quality may be slightly degraded.

The default system setting is "Optimized" which balances the video quality and battery life. However, you can configure your system setting to "Best Video Quality". Please note this option may consume more battery life.

To learn more about Arlo and see examples of actual footage from an Arlo camera please visit About Arlo Smart Home.

Thank you for your interest in Arlo!

Arlo Team

drkrueger
Tutor
Tutor
Why does the streaming jump? I have upload bandwidth of 20 mpbs but the stream hangs and jumps.
Thank you.
Momzilla
Guide
Guide
I adjust my quality setting to best video quality and hit save and I exit out of that screen and go back to it and it still says
Optimised
Momzilla
Guide
Guide
There are a plethora of problems with these cams that I bought at best buy windsor Canada.batteries are breaking the bank
Here and making adjustments is a nightmare well it's time to step up and fix problems
Momzilla
Guide
Guide
Arlo netgear San Jose Cali are you hearing me ??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a plethora of possibilities for various issues.  The more details you give us, the better the chance of resolving them quickly.

You state that you're unable to save the quality setting but also mention battery usage.  That may or may not mean the camera is struggling to maintain a connection, resulting in an inability to save the setting.  Also, is this on the app or a browser?  Have you tried the other?  For the browser, try clearing the cache.  For the app, try reinstalling it.  There's also the possibility of needing to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resyncing it.

Battery life depends on lots of things such as the total number of minutes of recording as well as live viewing.  Spec usage is for 4-5 minutes PER DAY to get the 4-6 month battery life. How much usage are you putting them through?