Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Caro123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed the cameras about two years ago in order to deter violence from my ex husband. In recent months I was able to notice a pattern: Everytime my ex husband enters my property the recordings for the day are missing. Otherwise the cameras are reliable. The pattern is present beyond any doubt. I noticed it already when it started to appear, but waited a couple months to get to that point of certainty.
This problem is urgent and needs to be fixed as fast as possible. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
I don’t know how that happened. One guess - Maybe change your password. Is it possible he knows your account password and deleted the videos? Or maybe he unplugged the base station after he entered the property. Just some ideas. Good luck.
Caro123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick answer. Sadly your proposed causes are not how the problem occurs.
I changed the password already and saw no effect. It is secure and can not be guessed. The base station is located in the house, and since I never let him in, there is no way he could have unplugged it.
I also considered a third option already: The cameras themselves could have been disabled (i.e. by removing the batteries), but they are positioned so that reaching them is not possible without being recorded by another one.

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

First, how do you know your husband was at your house, if there was no recording?

The wireless camera is connected to the base station using a 2.4 GHz frequency band.

If he is a smart person, he can buy or create a device that can interrupt 2.4 GHz signal and you will not be able to record anything.

Caro123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I should have made that clear from the start. I know he was there because I encounter him in my front yard every once in a while. Sometimes he rings the doorbell, both of which normally leads to me telling him to leave.

I will try to use the manual recording next time, that should (from my knowledge) not work in case the signal is jammed.

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

That is a good idea. If you can not do manual recording only when he is there, it is telling you something.

Immediately report to the police that he has a frequency jammer (Radio frequency transmitters).

kilo1
Guide
Guide

This sounds very dangerous.  If it were me, I would install a hardwired (using sheilded cabling) DVR/NVR camera system to supplement the ARLO system. Perhapps even only installing cameras in areas that would be known confrontation zones.  

-K