Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera battery life suddenly pathetic

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MonsterMax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had this Arlo add-on camera for the past two years. It has always performed very well, but the battery life is now awful. Same location, same distance from base unit, but very poor battery life. Used to get 3-4 months and now I get just 2 weeks. I’ve tried different brands of lithium batteries, but the results are the same. I’ll go broke at this rate! I appreciate any helpful tips to save the camera and my wallet. Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it. No guarantees, though. If you need to, consider the Tenergy rechargeable battery solution.

You could also try swapping cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.
cthornton
Aspirant
Aspirant

My batteries are doing the same except I just had to replace batteries after 2 days. My cameras are in the same place they've been in for a year. I tried re syncing them but it didn't help. I removed the base then re added it but that didn't help. I can't afford this! It seems to have gotten worse after the 2.7.0 upgrade. Help!

cthornton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now that I think about it the battery life got worse after I was forced to do a camera firmware update.
MonsterMax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ll try the reboot the next time I travel to its location. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Clearly there is another issue at play. My other cameras operate perfectly on the same system.

MonsterMax
Aspirant
Aspirant