Arlo base will not connect To the internet

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jamesnoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just received my Arlo 4 camera system but the base will not connect to the internet.  I have tried another port on my router, another Ethernet cable, resetting power, resetting using the reset button Andy nothing works.  I can login to my router and it sees a device called VMB4000 but the internet led remains amber and never gets to green so I cannot even register my new system.  Is the base bad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesnoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

All

thanks for the recommendations but none of those settings were the issue.  After many resets and evenutally walking away for about 1hr, it somehow connected and the light went green (of course after i starting an online chat with custome service).  In any event, base registered and cameras synced.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jamesnoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base does connect to my router as I see it as a connected device on my router config however the internet led still remains amber.  All my other devices connected via the Ethernet to my router work fine.  The base unit also shows up as a wireless device named NTGR_VMB_1406852660

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The base station needs outbound ports 80 and 443  open ...which btw, usu are...

Is this a work location or home ? ... as work may be blocking

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Power cycle or reset you router sometimes fixes the problem, also try using another port and as Tom stated, make sure the prots are OPEN.  That can be checked in your router settings 

jamesnoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

All

thanks for the recommendations but none of those settings were the issue.  After many resets and evenutally walking away for about 1hr, it somehow connected and the light went green (of course after i starting an online chat with custome service).  In any event, base registered and cameras synced.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ok...issue solved, problem unknown... gremlins 🙂

Morse is faster than texting!