Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station offline and LED will not light

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sgallowway
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had interruption of internet due to tropical storm. Base station will not reboot. All 5 cameras all have fresh batteries. LED on base station will not light. LED at computer router lit and active. Now what do I do. When I checked for the router it says offline?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sgallowway wrote:

Had interruption of internet due to tropical storm. Base station will not reboot. All 5 cameras all have fresh batteries. LED on base station will not light. LED at computer router lit and active. Now what do I do. When I checked for the router it says offline?

power down all in the system ( modem, router/wifi , arlo base )

Bring them back online with time to reboot in the same order as above.

PS you don't say what LED on the base is out, they are from left POWER>INTERNET>SYNCED CAMERA

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Sgallowway
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried your suggestion over and over again to no avail. I even tried another router. That is not working either. Went back to the old router. It does not come up in My Devices. It at least has all three LEDs on the router lit, but again. The router does not show in My devices. Tried resyncing the cameras. They blink blue then orange and back to blue. Tyeh too do not show in My devices. So what now?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

OK.. first, what LEDS are lit on the Arlo base and WHAT color are they?

The first two on the left are POWER, then INTERNET ( third is sync cameras )

You may have to do a full reset on the base by holding in the re-set button (paperclip) on the back for about 10 secs till the front leds flash...

Then bring it back up as if the system was new.

If above doen't work, you prob have to contact Netgear support

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sgallowway,

After performing the steps mentioned by TomMac above, be sure to add the base station back to your Arlo account by clicking the "Add Device" button on the cameras screen. Follow the on screen prompts and proceed to sync cameras after the base station is added back to the account.

JamesC

Sgallowway
Aspirant
Aspirant
The lights I am referring to are the first three light on the bottom of the router. Starting from the on indicator light. They are all green. I have followed the prompts to the point I do it with my eyes closed .
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sgallowway,

More in-depth troubleshooting may be needed to identify the problem. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC