Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station offline after showing it needs a firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Camandcj
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station shows it needs a firmware update. It will not update and now my cameras do not connect.
I tried the reset others have suggested but the base station is still needing firmware update.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a bit of a pain but remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Claim the base normally and then sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

Camandcj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did this and I still can not get my base connected.  I deleted from my IPhone app, turned off, unplugged, and then restarted. The app found my basestation, however I could not connect any cameras.  When I restarted the APP is said I needed a firmware update.  When I tried it would not upudate and would not connect any cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Has the base now updated? WHat version is installed? Most time, rebooting the base will automatically cause the update to happen or leave it on overnight for the normal process.

Camandcj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finaly got it working.  Actually left it off line for about three days.  then had time to try and connect and did a factory reset as suggested.  Guess I did not do it correctly the first time.  Everything is working now.  Thanks for you response and help.