Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q sees both enabled devices but Arlo Wireless Camera can't see second device for Geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

I have 4 Wireless Arlo cameras and 2 Q cameras.  Everything is setup for Geofencing.  The 2 Q cameras can see both enabled devices and Geofencing works great.  They both show In zone or Away at the corret times.  My wireless cameras only see my phone.  My wifes phone shows unavailable.  I have had her log in and out with out any luck.  I do not get why the Q cameras work fine by the outdoor wireless are not working.  

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@veener79 

I am not sure what you have tried so I will try to tell you how the Grant Access works to see if that solves your problem.

When the system is first set up, the person whose account was used to add the base and the cameras becomes the Administrator. This individual must go into the Grant Access area under Settings and invite the other party/parties to join the Administrator's system, (share viewing of the cameras). The second party accepts the invitation by carefully following the instructions in the link provided in the invitation email. Once the second party has been accepted, the Administrator must go back to the Grant Access section and click on which cameras he/she wants to share and assign some administrative rights to the second party. Any cameras that have not been selected to share will not show up in the second party's app or web client when he/she logs into Arlo using his/her credentials.

Hope that helps.

Brian