Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tonight I tried to access my cameras and I received the "Arlo base station not connected to the internet" message on my phone.  I've been using Arlo for a while and never had this happen.  I've made no changes to the settings and the system has been working fine until now.  The message also said to make sure I was connected to my router and I have confirmed this and, in addition, my router is working fine, all other devices conected to the router are working great.  All three lights are green and I have performed a reset with the reset button on the back of the base station.  I have also tried a different port on the router, turned the power off and then back on, and tried a different LAN connection...nothing has corrected this problem.  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.  I really don't want to deactivate the base station and go through the setup routine again.

29 REPLIES 29
arlolosangeles
Guide
Guide
Still not working in California either. Arlo/Netgear can we get some help please???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not global. I'm having no problems. Phases of the moon?

LEB
Tutor
Tutor

Was having same problem, but my Base Station was connected to a range extender.  I eliminated the extender and it now hooks up fine.  Arlo tech help told me an extender should not matter, but it did matter.  I now run a 100 ft ethernet cord directly to the base station from the router and all is working again.

My problem started when the internet was disrupted.  The base station would not reconnect up.

I used an Amped extender and that seemed to be the issue....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Too late now but did you test the extender connection to the router?  Maybe that was the root of the problem.  The long cable solves the issue either way...

LEB
Tutor
Tutor

yes.  Extender works fine with several other gadgets working through the Amped extender.  It just does not want the Arlo box to reconnect when internet goes down.   Kind of a PIA to run a very long cord to the box, but that is what I've got to do...Thanks