Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station drops connection

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BB52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even though the base station is pluged into a UPS it drops the connection to the Arlo wireless cameras when the power goes out or if there is a slight surge in the power.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

6 REPLIES 6
manfredz
Hero
Hero

any chance you internet modem/router isnt plugged into the UPS?

BB52
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it is pluged into the UPS as well.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

only other thing that comes to mind is the power was out longer that the UPS could keep power up for.  Any chance of that?

BB52
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, my computer and printer were still on and they are plugged into the same UPS

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have an answer for you... but I can say my testing doesn't follow what your seeing....

In many tests done, as long as the base unit was powered ( reguardless of internet ) the cameras stayed connected. The camera isn't really that smart, it just ping the base now and then to see if it;s there... If it answers ,the camera is happy ( think of the pro with out internet, the cameras still record ot the base if the backup drive is set up ).

Issued only occured if the base was off for an amount of time ( never the same ) and the cameras would finally give up trying to connect and loose sync.

So I would look for something else effecting too..like interference after the power is out causing more / stronger signal than the base and iinterupting the sync

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a faulty UPS. Mine flies through glitches and outages with no problems.  There is a finite switch time between power failure and battery cut-in, it should be measured in milliseconds.