Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Caric
Follower
Follower
We lost power three times today and need to power off the Arlo base station each time to connect it to the Internet. Every other client on my network obtains a connection except base station.
3 REPLIES 3
JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Caric,

Please make sure the cable between the base station and router/switch is securely plugged in to both. LED activity also will help you see what could be causing it. See What do the LEDs on my Arlo base station mean? article.

If all LEDs are litghting up okay, you may try resetting the base station.

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. After doing a factory reset on the base station, rerun the setup procedure.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
coterp
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. How is this an acceptable answer? The base station should reconnect automatically. I can't reboot the thing if I'm away on vacation. Clearly a bug. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes, depending on the duration of the power glitch, electronics gets confused.  A very brief outage could cause such problems but I suppose longer ones could, too.  This is certainly a case where an inexpensive UPS (under $100) would allow the modem, router and base station to fly through such outages since they would never see the outage. You wouldn't even need much of a UPS if your goal is to merely fly through a brief outage as opposed to weathering a long duration loss.