Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jdsandara
Guide
Guide

I'm new to Arlo and am looking to play all clips from one day in a row.  Can the app do this?  If not, that would be a great feature!

11 REPLIES 11
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Think the only way to do this is to use a script to download all videos for a day (such scripts exist) and use a program to combine those files into one video.

Personally I dont think such a combined file would be useful to most people, but could be wrong.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can kinda do this by viewing a video in the library and then swiping (app) or use the arrows or left/right cursor keys (browser).  It won't be continuous but it's not like you have to select each video from the library to view them.

jdsandara
Guide
Guide
Personally I dont think such a combined file would be useful to most people, but could be wrong.

I can think of quite a few reasons.  My personal one is I have animals that set it off, but I also have people that could tresspass and I am at work all day unable to view when there is motion detected.  So I review at the end of the day and will report the people if caught.  Changing sensitivity is not working to eliminate the animals from setting it off. 

I just figured it would be a nice feature.  I could sit here as mentioned and swipe hit play over 30 times, but since there is a select all I was kinda hoping they could just add a select all play feature and I missed it somehow.  Sounds like downloading and watching on the computer is the next best option.

jdsandara
Guide
Guide

Sorry for the double post, I couldn't find the edit button. 

Apparently downloading on the PC is worse than the option of view click next view.  It's asking me to save each one individually.  So second request to NetGear, when more than one is selected, zip and download.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can select multiple videos in the library easily.  From a browser, use the Select link top right or with the app, press and hold to activate the multiple selection option.  Then choose download.

jdsandara
Guide
Guide

Thanks.  Yeah what I should have said is after you hit download you get a window for each video asking to save or open.  This is something that needs simplification.  And, yes, I know I can tell it to always save the file, but that would be poor internet security to just allow files to download without asking first, especially mp4s. 

If after selecting all and hitting download if it would download them all as one zip, is what I meant.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I use a Python script to automate the process using the computer's scheduler. If interested, PM me your email address.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I use that script.  Its easy to tailor for your own desires.

Another advantage of it is that it makes file names in regular Date-Time format.

Once you have the folder with the files, there are many programs such as Free File Joiner to make one continuous file of all

jdsandara
Guide
Guide

Thanks, I sent you a PM.

JulesDeVigne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to automatically download the recording from my Arlo GO camera to my pc or OneDrive

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not from Arlo.  I use a Python script that will do this but it's not supported by Arlo.