Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app says camera is disabled and to turn it back on. Base Station doesn't connect to WiFi.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ppaamm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo went down and I have been unable to get it back online. The app is telling me the camera is disabled and to turn the camera on in device settings.
There is no place to do this in the app.
Also my base will no longer connect to wifi.

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Ppaamm,

To re-enable your camera through the Arlo app on your phone device, go to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo camera that is disabled > Toggle "Device On" on.

And for your Base Station, what LED lights are showing? Have you tried rebooting your Base Station?

Ppaamm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,
There is no place in devices to turn the cameras on. Only the top 2 lights show up.
Ppaamm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have rebooted my wifi, the bade station and the cameras.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure to go to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo camera that is disabled > Toggle "Device On" on. See the screenshot below. You can also try it on the web client on the computer if you're having any through the Arlo app on your phone device.

Device On.png

What LED lights are showing and not showing? You can see here on what the LED lights represent: What do the LEDs on my Arlo SmartHub or base station mean?

Ppaamm
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is my problem, when I go to the app to turn the device on, the device on is not there to turn it on.
On the base, only the top two lights are on. Despite trying to reboot several times. My wifi is on and working, but the base station will not recognize it.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you show a screenshot where you mention that the "device on" is not on there?

For your Base Station LED lights, when you mention that the "top two lights are on," which are you referring to? Power, internet, or camera? And what color LED are showing?

Ppaamm
Aspirant
Aspirant
On the base, it has 3 lights, the two top lights are green.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me gather more information from you through private message.