Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app needs to open everytime to enable mobile device?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
disappointed999
Guide
Guide

Surprised arlo hasn't resolved the issue of enabling mobile device EVERY time the app is open. Whats the point of enabling a device if it clearly doesn't retain the setting. Just another ding on the poor half baked concepts rolled out. For the product all expectations should be higher.

6 REPLIES 6
dcfox1
Master
Master

@disappointed999 wrote:
Surprised arlo hasn't resolved the issue of enabling mobile device EVERY time the app is open. Whats the point of enabling a device if it clearly doesn't retain the setting. Just another ding on the poor half baked concepts rolled out. For the product all expectations should be higher.

Are you talking about 2FA? I have never had to do enable the phone again on IOS app. 

disappointed999
Guide
Guide
Andriod
dcfox1
Master
Master

I wouldn't think it would be different on Android but a Android user may chime in and I haven't seen your issue here.  You can try removing and reinstalling the app and rebooting the phone. 

disappointed999
Guide
Guide
Everytime
disappointed999
Guide
Guide
Doesn't seem like a fix as has been going on for months. Reboots don't work. I guess I should return as just another simple feature that doesn't work. I could Uninstaller and reinstall however likely will lose my settings. No surprise there though since they reset themselves to default with areas like sensitivity. Again more failed feature which if worked as planned would be great but when they don't work which is an on going theme with arlo and their software, you're left with overpriced plastic.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Multiple Android devices here without this happening. Have you tried disabling 2FA and then reenable it?

Reinstalling the app has nothing to do with your settings, which are stored in your server account and passed directly to your devices.