Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is anyone else having problems updating their original Arlo cameras right now?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

iOS app keeps asking me to update two of them with their "Update your camera's firmware" message. I told the app to update them and saw "The update process can take up to five minutes. Make your device is uninterrupted during the update process. Do you want to update your <camera's name> to v1.6.297?" and "Firmware is in progress. Do not remove batteries.", but they repeated again. Argh!

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If after 5 or 10 minutes the LED is still flashing amber and blue, it's safe to open and close the battery door to reset the camera. If it's not blinking, it's also safe. That generally clears the issue but you may need to remove and resync the cameras to get it working properly.

NetBox
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have a similar problem with my base station and camera.

I get the update required message for base station and camera.

First update base station, click update. Goes offline to update. Then nothing.

Left it for 30 minutes but it is just offline. Once it came back on again on its own but didn't update. Tried again, looked like updating then did nothing. After 30 minutes nothing. So rebooted router manually by powering off. Came back online but still same message about needing firmware update on base station and camera.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@jguerdat wrote:

If after 5 or 10 minutes the LED is still flashing amber and blue, it's safe to open and close the battery door to reset the camera. If it's not blinking, it's also safe. That generally clears the issue but you may need to remove and resync the cameras to get it working properly.

Ugh. That's annoying since these two cameras are up far high (tree and a ceiling), hard to adjust, etc. Blah!  It looks like both cameras finally updated by themselves as of a few minutes ago? Their new RC123 batteries are still high (lost about 10% from Sunday). I only got nagged by 2FA req. Blah. No updates for base stations. They probably already got them.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

FYI. The two problematic cameras were updated overnight by themselves.