Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

So one of my cameras has notified me of motion 2 times yet the icon on my phone (iOS) says 142 notifications on the icon. Really? This has been going on for a while now. And yes I have the latest version. Should it not say 2 instead of 142.

130 REPLIES 130
Joe_Navy
Aspirant
Aspirant

To Arlo Support,

The issue with clearing iOS badges continues for years.  Yes, there is a way to temporarily clear the badge by going to the library but this does not address the real issues.

How do we request for my main arlo account be reset?

I have tested my theory by granting access to another email address I use.  My new account clears all notifications permanently, each time I access this account. The next notification I receive will be the correct badge count from my last check.  So if I received 5 notification the badge will be 5 and if I view the video or library it clears the badge count. The next time I get example 5 notifications, my badge count will be 5 and not 10. 

Somehow my main account is the only account affected by this problem. All granted access accounts appear to correctly clear the badge count. 

I am currently at 18,989 and counting. 

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
Wanted to try this awell. To login to another account to clear the badges. That got me into more problems. https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Smart/My-device-shows-up-2-times-under-geo/m-p/1754432#M4291

Now I have my device listed twice under geo settings and cant clear that list how hard I try.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released this morning addressing an issue that some users were experiencing that resulted in motion event counts being inaccurate on the iOS badge. Please force close and reopen your Arlo mobile app to test this feature now that the fix has been released and let us know if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

Joe_Navy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I tried your suggestions but still experience the issues with the badge count.  I even logged out of the application, rebooted, and then logged into the app.   I am at 20,610 and counting. 

I do appreciate the renewed efforts to address this simple but annoying problem.

Joe_Navy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Edit to my previous post.

Houston we have lift off!  After a few hours my plus 20K count went back to two new notifications. 

again, thanks for fixing. 

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
This worked for me BUT it shows one to many.

After it was cleared.
Got 6 notifications / alerts / recordings. But shows 7 on the badge.
Cleared it again.
Got 1 notifification / alert / recording.
Badge shows 2.

But showing one to many is better than showing thousands like it used to be.