Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app (iOS) badge notification shows incorrect

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

So one of my cameras has notified me of motion 2 times yet the icon on my phone (iOS) says 142 notifications on the icon. Really? This has been going on for a while now. And yes I have the latest version. Should it not say 2 instead of 142.

130 REPLIES 130
ZooWall
Guide
Guide
Same here. No fix. Started happening to me once I update to the new app. Arlo any word on a fix?
mrlabonte
Star
Star

I find it really interesting that Arlo kept the old app available, renaming it Arlo Legacy, instead of just updating the app in place. It's almost as if they knew the risk of problems was significant...

rfrickejr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still using same version as noted above from 8/30

rfrickejr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both on the app logo & on the library icon in the app. 

DTownKen
Aspirant
Aspirant

The alert notification count in the Arlo iOS app [version 2.8 (909)] keeps increasing endlessly.  

Previously, after one or more alerts appear, I would lauch the app and select Library. After displaying the alert videos, the alert count would disappear and new alerts would start over with number 1. 

Now, after I check the alerts buy selecting Library, the alert count still disappears, but new alerts now show a cumlative total. 

For example, if I have 5 alerts, I'd check them and the alert notification goes away. If I then get 2 new alerts, the notification count now shows 7 rather than 2. 

The count is now at 106 and shows no sign of stopping. 

Surely this isn't the expected behavior. 

I've tried deleting a re-installing the app, but the count keeps climbing. 

Has anyone else seen this? Any idea how to fix? 

Thanks. 

CUPRAS
Initiate
Initiate

Ever since the app migration, I've noticed that I get notifications in the app that an event has recorded. 

What used to happen is you would view the library, the count badge would disappear and reset to 0. 

Now, since the migration, when you view the library, the count badge disappears, but it does NOT reset to 0. 

So now, it just adds one to the event count and keeps on adding. 

e.g. Monday, I get 23 notifications. Look at the library, the badge disappears, but when I get a new notification, the badge shows 24 notifications, and not 1. 

The counter is not resetting when the video is viewed, so over time, after a few months, that badge is going to be showing in the 1,000's of notifications, with no way to reset it. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

ZooWall
Guide
Guide
Same issue here
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Mobile app version 2.9 is now available for iOS supporting iOS13 and resolving the issue with badge notification not resetting. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app downloaded from the app store.

For more information take a look at the release notes and knowledge base articles below:

Gnobbe
Guide
Guide
Same issue - the counter keeps climbing day after day with the new app - never resets .... not good!
rfrickejr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, after installing v2.9 today, the badge counter is now working correctly. 

Thank you!

mmarmouz
Guide
Guide
Same problem with the new version !! Nothing is fixed !!!!!
mrlabonte
Star
Star

The updated app works as expected for me. I'm still curious as to why it's a new app, not an update to the "legacy" app. But most likely the answer involves obscure details ...

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
Most likely because the app account was owned by netgear. So arlo setup tjeir own account and added tje app there.
CaptainM
Guide
Guide
I, along with what appears to be numerous other users, appreciate that Arlo has finally updates the “new” app and apparently resolved the issue of accumulated counting of the notifications showing on the home screen badge count and not resetting. That does appear to be resolved. Unfortunately, on to the new issue that has shown up with the “updated new” app. When motion is detected I now get 2 push notifications simultaneously for the same detection. Happens on all cameras. I logged off and back on and checked notification settings; to no avail. So while it looks like one issue was corrected, it created another one.

Arlo, hope your “listening” and can check this new issue out and fix it.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gnobbe

Did you download the new Arlo app version 2.9?

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Unfortunately the badge issue is not resolved for me but I am getting notificAtions again for at least one of my two properties. And my doorbell is notifying me again but the badge is still wrong. So I set off one of the cameras and my badge says 62. I have only 7 day history so I thought maybe it’s all 7 days. There were about 18 recordings and because I have multiple base stations shared across 2 properties it was somehow adding them all and counting them 4 times for the 4 base stations but the math does not work out. So I deleted all the recordings and set off the camera again this time the badge says 60 with one recording in the library . No clue what’s going on but this problem I highlighted at the beginning of this year and still no resolution . arlo back then even acknowledged they were aware of it . Who takes 9 months to fix something (if it were fixed which it isn’t).
Gnobbe
Guide
Guide
Have been looking for the update daily - it was finally available today and I did download - will see if it fixes it
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Linusl wrote:
Most likely because the app account was owned by netgear. So arlo setup tjeir own account and added tje app there.

Exactly.  Arlo explained that in their announcments.

mmarmouz
Guide
Guide
This is ridiculous! A company like arlo is not able to fix a small issue ! And on the top of that they release a new version saying it’s fixed when it’s not ! Are you serious Arlo !!!! You really need to find new people that can really take care of your platform!! This is embarrassing
pd71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where can I download 2.9 version app        ?

pd71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where can I download the new app? I only found the one date 9/17. Thanks

Rjjenks909
Guide
Guide
Find the 2.9 app in the App Store under Arlo. If you have 2.8 it will prompt to update.
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
Updated to new ios and tje lates arlo app since arlo sais badge bug is fixed.
Looked like it worked for a few hours but now I see 1455 badges on my arlo icon. Im sharing access to my wife and she has not yet updated to the latest vr for ios13. But from my point of view having the lates vr the problem is not fixed.
PhileasFrog
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks Jessica, indeed the latest release of the Arlo app solves the incorrect notification issue.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is still looking into this issue if you are still experiencing problems with the badge notification still showing incorrectly. We will be sure to update the community once we hear more information or update. We appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for the inconvenience.