Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app Android phone notifications question

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

This question must have been asked before, but I can't figure it out.

In the Arlo app when we choose Notifications we get taken out of the app to the Android settings. The options there are confusing, as in- What the heck is "Always listening"?

I want to be notified when there is a push notification because a camera has been triggered, and I want to be notified when the system arms and disarms (geofencing, although that doesn't happen much lately).

Any idea whatI should do with that?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Click on the Always Listening text (not the slider). You have options to pick in there. It's an Android thing that caused Arlo to not have its own settings but requires you to use the phone settings for the app.

Marin7e
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat I have the same question with the android Arlo pro 2 camera app...I've spent over an hour looking everywhere online & manuals , and I can't find anything on it. No explanation on what it is used for, when would you would want it on or off, do you still get push notifications if it is off, and what is the difference between the 2 notifications listed in the app? Can anyone explain, please?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Marin7e

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this question? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support