Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Looks like JamesC posted on the big thread about the firmware issues, saying there was a new update and then locked the thread from further replies.

I have two questions:

1 - Why don't I see this update? I still only see 1.12.2.1_2798 from April as the available update for my base station. See attached image.

2 - The relase notes for the new firmware (1.3.319 - weird numbering, looks like a step backwards number-wise) say that it fixes the pixelation issue, but nothing that says it fixes the failure to update firmware issue that many of us are seeing with the 1.12.2.1_2798 firmware update.

222 REPLIES 222
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat The conversation isn't closed or over, you're welcome to leave it though, no one is forcing your participation 🙂

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat 

I’m at the point now where I’m concerned with your sanity. Please do not contribute to posts that don’t concern you. As we all know, you don’t experience the problems that the rest of us do. Here’s the deal. Although I don’t have the authority to officially change your status. I can do so unofficially. I’m normally compassionate and don’t enjoy making people feel bad. But you’re something else and we’re  unofficially changing your status from Superuser. Sorry Bud but you seriously need a muzzle and you need to respect those of us that are impacted by Arlo’s I’ll fated update on 5/22/19. 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@parsrgood wrote:

@jguerdat 

I’m at the point now where I’m concerned with your sanity. Please do not contribute to posts that don’t concern you. As we all know, you don’t experience the problems that the rest of us do. Here’s the deal. Although I don’t have the authority to officially change your status. I can do so unofficially. I’m normally compassionate and don’t enjoy making people feel bad. But you’re something else and we’re  unofficially changing your status from Superuser to Superloser. Sorry Bud but you seriously need a muzzle and you need to respect those of us that are impacted by Arlo’s I’ll fated update on 5/22/19. 

HEY ARLO: See what you have created? Its long past time that someone with authority chimed in here to show just a little respect for YOUR customers and give us at least a little hope that somehow you will undo the damage YOU have created. 

How about it?

As to our fellow users suffering these issues, we personally are experiencing a growing concern that as has happened in the past with companies like Microsoft, Dell, and Comcast it was documented that they had some of their employees secretly trolling the forums pretending to be customers fomenting dissention amongst those complaining about unresolved problems with their products.

Please don't let it be like that again

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm working with the engineering team to further isolate the reports of this issue. For those of you with VMC3030 cameras that are still experiencing this issue after the fixes we've released, please reach out to me in a private message with the email address you use to login to your account and a screenshot of the pixelation you're experiencing so that I can get this information to the engineering team.

Thank you,

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@JamesC Does this include those of us with VMC4030P  and  VMC4030 cameras being worked as well? Pro's and Pro 2's are affected with bad pixelation and quality.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

historypsi,

If you're experiencing an issue with other cameras. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further invrestigate and troubleshoot the issue.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@JamesC So there were a bunch of Pro 2 threads about this that got merged with this thread. I'm not the only one with this issue. There are several people I work with that have this issue. There other people on this forum with this issue. How can I get a hold of a US Citizen for support. I hate dealing with your over seas support.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I mean does this look fine to you? Open the screenshot fully and look at the hood of the car.....is that 1080p by any standards?1562783678235.jpg

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC James you would be an absolute hero if you stopped telling people to contact Arlo support. We understand that's the script you're told to read.

For me, I have (1) Arlo and (4) Arlo Pro cameras. 100/10 internet, speed tests average around 117/12. I get 3-4 seconds of decent quality recordings and then the videos from any camera, any time, any day, under any conditions, become janky and overly pixelated. This did not happen prior to the horrific May firmware update that has apparently permanently crippled our systems in favor or Arlo saving cloud/server space. Why not allow local recording as a buffer? I have a Samsung 64 GB usb attached. Would love to use that to ensure HD recordings.

My devices are all running the latest firmwares since Arlo gives us no control on manual firmware installations - as a long time ROM'er I'd love to command line push the firmware version I know works for my setup. This seems like a resonable request, am I wrong?

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm outta here. From here on out all I can do is inform others through conversation and bad reviews that Arlo no longer stands behind their product and they should definitely look elswhere for a reliable security system. I have been told by personel message from @ShayneS at arlo that I have been reported for  breaching their conduct code by treating a certain pesky contributor to the forum in a harsh manner. Said contributor on many occations has lashed back on several occations to more than a  handful of members, several times on several threads who have real issues. Arlo edited my post and still defends that this issue is resolved. I do believe now that Arlo plants contributors to sway people into believing nothings wrong. I fully expect that this, probably my last comment, will be wiped from this thread by arlo. I encourage everyone to keep digging. I have copied every thread that i have been involved in to date because I do believe they'll attempt to get rid of all my correspondence. Not sure where i'll go from here, but I am not a quitter. Bottom line is, in their mind they have the last say and consider a issue resolved with a single post.  Good luck Y'all i'm done with this Dog and Pony Show. 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@mamarcac wrote:

@JamesC James you would be an absolute hero if you stopped telling people to contact Arlo support. We understand that's the script you're told to read.

For me, I have (1) Arlo and (4) Arlo Pro cameras. 100/10 internet, speed tests average around 117/12. I get 3-4 seconds of decent quality recordings and then the videos from any camera, any time, any day, under any conditions, become janky and overly pixelated. This did not happen prior to the horrific May firmware update that has apparently permanently crippled our systems in favor or Arlo saving cloud/server space. Why not allow local recording as a buffer? I have a Samsung 64 GB usb attached. Would love to use that to ensure HD recordings.

My devices are all running the latest firmwares since Arlo gives us no control on manual firmware installations - as a long time ROM'er I'd love to command line push the firmware version I know works for my setup. This seems like a resonable request, am I wrong?

Along those same lines, James, we've already sent you all the various hardware versions for our base station as well as both our basic Arlo cameras and our three Arlo Pros.

I fail to see how getting screenshots will in any way add to your ability to understand the issues let alone troubleshoot them unless your superiors remain unconvinced that a problem remains which I suppose means that your bosses believe that the scores if not hundreds of complaints (including screenshots if I recall correctly) from dozens if not scores of different users in different places over a long period of time are nothing more than folks who don't know how to use our equipment. 

This situation reminds me so very much of the heinously brutal torture imposed by Comcast reps from India, the Phillippines, and elsewhere with indecipherable accents insisting over and over and over again that we reboot, reboot, reboot, and reboot only weeks later for the problem to clear up because it was them all the time----------despite thousands upon thousands of complaints from hundreds of hundreds of customers.

Here's an idea: pick out one of us who is near one of your tech centers and pay a guy\gal a few bucks to actually go to the installation and see the problems in person. How much could it cost a big corporation like yours where the bigshots are making millions sitting around in their executive offices doing practically nothing.

nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there an email that I can send a 10 second clip?
nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary
@JamesC ,  I still have pixelation issue with VMC3030 camera with VMB3500 Base, how do I reach out to you with a private message with my email address and a screenshot of the pixelation? Please advise!!

Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here.
MontanaDice
Tutor
Tutor

First post on this issue... but have been reading and dealing with the poor image quality like everyone else.  The real  question is Arlo going to fix this anytime soon?   There is plenty of frustration as we can all see.  JamesC we know you are here to try and calm the waters, but what we need to know is there anything going to be done about this issue?  It would go a long ways with some if we just heard something like this.  "We acknowledge there is a pixelation/image quality issue and we are working on it." or something similar.  If it is not going to be fixed/improved then we need to hear that also.  

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@MontanaDice wrote:

First post on this issue... but have been reading and dealing with the poor image quality like everyone else.  The real  question is Arlo going to fix this anytime soon?   There is plenty of frustration as we can all see.  JamesC we know you are here to try and calm the waters, but what we need to know is there anything going to be done about this issue?  It would go a long ways with some if we just heard something like this.  "We acknowledge there is a pixelation/image quality issue and we are working on it." or something similar.  If it is not going to be fixed/improved then we need to hear that also.  

Unless I missed it, I haven't yet seen anything telling us where to send screenshots and videos of our issues.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MikeBravo @mamarcac

Per JamesC previous post above & request below - @JamesC

"I'm working with the engineering team to further isolate the reports of this issue. For those of you with VMC3030 cameras that are still experiencing this issue after the fixes we've released, please reach out to me in a private message with the email address you use to login to your account and a screenshot of the pixelation you're experiencing so that I can get this information to the engineering team.

Thank you,

JamesC"

MontanaDice
Tutor
Tutor

Sent a couple of PM's last week to JamesC.   Included pictures and links to video from multiple cameras.  This boat just feels like it is lost at sea and those of us that are in it can't see out the windows.  

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS  I, as most others have givin you the info you need many times on many other posts . And I hope you understand that by repeatedly asking us to once again give you the same info tells us you're not taking this crippling 5/22 update serious. Further more it's irratating to have you ask us to jump through more hoops. You have the info you need. Please present it to your engineers. I think what bothers us most is that you won't just let us know if your going to fix this or not.  I'm also a little confused as why your engineers can't just test every version and variation of your cameras and bases. Our camers work, our bases work. They just worked a lot better before 5/22/19.

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS , please do not repeat, repeat and repeat again.

Tell us how to send a private message to JamesC, where / what is his email address or contact information?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dsiu2902

You will need to click his user name >

Capture.PNG

Select > (Send this user a private message) & provide the requested information.

Capture2.PNG

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS ,  See my attachment for reference.

I don't see "Send this user a private message" anywhere, can you tell me why?

russian_ooo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Absolutely! The video now looks awful! I want the previous version back!