Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire Free - Firmware Update 1.3.319 degraded picture

Discussion stats
mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Looks like JamesC posted on the big thread about the firmware issues, saying there was a new update and then locked the thread from further replies.

I have two questions:

1 - Why don't I see this update? I still only see 1.12.2.1_2798 from April as the available update for my base station. See attached image.

2 - The relase notes for the new firmware (1.3.319 - weird numbering, looks like a step backwards number-wise) say that it fixes the pixelation issue, but nothing that says it fixes the failure to update firmware issue that many of us are seeing with the 1.12.2.1_2798 firmware update.

222 REPLIES 222
MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@parsrgood wrote:

At this point I can't keep up with all of the failed updates and faults. Now, all live views are choppy and there's about a 30 second lag and a freeze.  When you open app it shows a old view from days ago even though you've observerved recent views . Last chance Arlo. Fix it or give me my money back. 

We're having similar problems including an increasing problem with motion detection on our Pro cameras. 

Now, when we go to check our recordings we'll see an image, say a car, in the thumbnail, and when we go to view the video you see the car disappear instantly and then the rest of the video is empty.

We're going to upload more stuff to JamesC in the hopes they'll finally get it in gear and fix all of this.

Rueg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I contacted Costco and they gave the go ahead to retun my Arlo Pro 3-camera kit.  Arlo support - this is your time to provide some information.  Are these issues ever going to be fixed?  1-no preview pictures in the emails, 2-no low battery alert emails, 3-video quality has become pixxelated and poor, 4-motion sensing is not picking things up as well as what it did before.  When I bought this kit - it worked great and I really liked it.  Now, with all the changes Arlo has made - it has become a poor product.  Love the desktop/internet interface.  That is something Arlo has that nobody else does.  Last chance to say you are going to fix these issues before I return these and buy something else.  

GaryBoisseau
Star
Star
Now what has Arlo done? They must have pushed an update down that knock out my entire system. I just discovered this when I went to review an incident that happened today. Last week we had plants stolen and the police were able to identify the suspect. Last night, it looks like we had another issue. This time these GD cameras were down. Not only that, it is apparent I have to change all off my batteries. Whatever Arlo did, they must have caused the cameras to run hot. Enough is enough. I am really getting sick and tired of Arlo screwing with our stuff and leaving our systems inoperative. Maybe a class action lawsuit is warranted.
Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Arlo wire free camera no longer detects anything and the batteries went from 74%to 34%overnight. I'm giving up and pulling it off the base. Which is the VMB4000r3.
I still have the Arlo pro, but that's another story.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

They're clearly messing with something again. Slow/no notifications, missed events, several seconds delay from when motion is detected to when recording starts. When nothing changes on our ends as the users and the product stops performing properly, they shouldn't waste anyone's time with requests for samples or specs about our systems.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Video from this morning. On a gigabit switch that registered 117 down/ 12 up right after this video.

And silence from Arlo.arlo.JPG

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I still have crappy video and opened a case weeks ago and silence from Arlo. For everyone with Pros and Pro 2s, open a case with them and reference my case Arlo Support Case # 40972651. Maybe if we flood them with cases they'll do something.

@JimmyLin  Hope you're reading this thread too!

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@mamarcac Your picture says it all.  I think that we have heard the last from Arlo's community and forum team. It's clear that Arlo's managment doesn't care about their customers who have been effected by their egineers failed firmware and app updates.  I have copied several threads into files. I currently have a friend who is a paralegal going through the files and she has checked into quite a few of related threads on Arlo's community. If she thinks we have something here she'll show  it to her bosses. This is getting old and Arlo doesn't seem to be worried about it. What they should be very concerned with is the massive ammounts of recent negative reviews on Amazon. They know they screwed up. They're trying to dump their product fast. You can get five cameras and a base station for $200 now. Of course Arlo's engineers have reduced that to basicly $200 worth of decoy cameras. Buyer Beware.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@parsrgood Excellent, thanks for sharing. I am giving them one last chance - if the next release doesn't fix our issues properly, and I don't mean half-fix, this image is getting posted everywhere. No one who sees that will buy their product.

Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
historypsi
Got your message about the Twitter acct, and I went there but your post apparently has been . removed from 8/2 . I clicked and got a big red "Access Denied"notice.
GaryBoisseau
Star
Star
Ok, more issues. I just came in my driveway (I have a camera pointing across it due to car break ins). My wife got out 0f the far and walked across in front of the camera. It did not record not alert. If they do not fix this issue, and I get broken in again, there will be a lawsuit. I've waited long enough for you to fix this paperweight of a camera system.
Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
Having similar issues. Check the post in your email from. historypsi
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Lets see if they delete this.....twitter.PNG

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Fun-Girl 

Same here. Arlo is listening. But they won’t respond. Very irresponsible behavior. I have been denied access to some threads because apparently my accusations are far to familiar to Arlo’s CEO. 

Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
Oops...nothing there
Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
Gonna guess they did
toptech
Star
Star

I have 31k twitter followers. I think I'l post something about how bady ARLO SUCKS. Maybe a few will listen! 31k is nothing to sneeze at!

Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
I posted on the CEO's Twitter acct and I'm not really Twitter savvy but he did post a number to contact him, and I will if I can figure how to get back into Twitter and reply. Crossing my fingers that there will be a resolution to these problems. I wish I had save some of the really messed up videos, but I do pay to keep 30 days in the cloud. I am 1500 miles away from the cameras now, so troubleshooting has been a problem. 🤞
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of degraded video quality and is working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
@ShayneS Does this include the Pro and Pro 2 lines?
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS , When investigating for degrade video quality, please inform your development/engineering team to use worse situation as listed below.

The worse case sitution / environment considered:

1. The mid or lower range of the signal strength, not the highest signal strength.

2. The battery capacity is between 40% to 60%.

3. With compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) nearby (interference).  

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@dsiu2902 wrote:

@ShayneS , When investigating for degrade video quality, please inform your development/engineering team to use worse situation as listed below.

The worse case sitution / environment considered:

1. The mid or lower range of the signal strength, not the highest signal strength.

2. The battery capacity is between 40% to 60%.

3. With compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) nearby (interference).  

ShayneS,

While at the same time, Shayne, all of our cameras except one enjoy nearly full signal strength and are near an CPL interference and yet they still suffer degraded resolution and poor motion detection.

Too, the degraded resolution and poor motion detection occurs even when the batteries are at full charge. 

Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
The poor motion detection is of utmost concern to me. A "person" is detected even though the "vehicle" in which never triggered a notification.
The camera is set to run up to 300 sec. As long as there is movement. The video of people standing at my door knocking just ends and their movement from the door, or any other activity is not recorded.
MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@Fun-Girl wrote:
The poor motion detection is of utmost concern to me. A "person" is detected even though the "vehicle" in which never triggered a notification.
The camera is set to run up to 300 sec. As long as there is movement. The video of people standing at my door knocking just ends and their movement from the door, or any other activity is not recorded.

This is an issue that I mentioned when we first got our first system and believed that perhaps I didn't understand.

NEVER has any of our cameras continued to record as motion continued. 

In each and every case for each and every camera both Arlo Basic and Arlo Pro, regardless of how long we set the recording time for does the cameras continue to record beyond a mere ten seconds. If it was just one or two cameras we would have contacted Support to return them for replacement, but it is ALL the cameras.

This occured with the original Arlo Basic base station and continues with the Arlo Pro base station.

TechJohn
Guide
Guide

I have two Arlo Pro 2 Systems and have been having the same pixelation problems across all 8 cameras running firmware 1.125.13.0_31717. Both of these systems are over a year old and currently out of warranty. These systems used to work great but are now getting to the point of being useless. Arlo, please release a fix. You are risking the loss of many customers.