Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
samk25721
Follower
Follower

Hello Everyone,

Lately with-in the last few days , 1 of my Arlo Camera[s] with: (See Next Line)

Version
Hardware:  H7
Firmware:  1.2.4941

has been going online and then going offline within 20 minutes of it going originally going online.

So if someone knows why this would be happening, please reply with any ways I can troubleshoot / fix this issue.

Also your more than welcome to contact me @ 1 of the following 2 email(s) of mine:  helpdesk2572@comcast.net or greenday2456@gmail.com .

^

| -  If you happen to contact me please have it be about: (See Below)

1]. Any way possible to troubleshoot this issue

2]. How to fix this issue

3]. Any reason as to why I may be having this issue.

Note-  If possible would you provide me with the web address (URL) to any troubleshooting websites you happen to have visited / browse  ( Optional )  .

Written On: May 18, 2016 @ 9:15am

Wrote By:    Sam

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sam25721,

This could be a signal strength issue due to range or interference causing the camera to struggle maintaining a connection with the base station. If you have other cameras that are behaving correctly, consider swapping locations with an unaffected camera to isolate if the location is the cause of the issue for the affected camera. Alternatively, consider relocating your base station limiting the proximity of any nearby wireless devices that could potentially be interfering.

JamesC

Fildroid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the identical problem (randomly going offline) with 2 of three VC3030 cameras.  Will try swapping working camera to locations with the problem but meanwhile I notice reference to "interfering devices".  Arlo Netgear router is in a wiring closet with several other WiFi and Sonos routers, some of them Netgear devices...could these be interfering?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Absolutely. Anything using 2.4GHz can interfere with the WiFi signal between the base and camera.