Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire Free Camera Keeps Going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
nhuto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I have 5 Arlo wire free cameras, they'd been working fine for a year and a half until 10 days ago. One camera went offline and I had to take it down and remove the batteries, put them back in and camera worked for another 9 days and went offline again today. This camera is about 25 ft from the base station. Not sure if this has anything to do with camera being offline but I did switch to a new NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 router.  After I got my new router set up two weeks ago I plugged in my base station and to my suprise all cameras went online and worked. I thought I had to re-sync all of them. Do I need to remove this camrea from my system and re-sync it? First time I just removed the batteries, put them back in and the camera went online again.

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Nate

7 REPLIES 7
chuckschmidt77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same problem.  I have a three camera system which has been bulletproof for the last year until the past few days where my main camera keeps going offline.  New batteries, no router issues.  Seems like this has started happening ever since the last update.

Adam85282
Guide
Guide

Mine too, after a year my base station has been offline for two days, absolutely no problem with my internet connection, went through troubleshooting.  I'm returning the whole bloody mess to Costco and good riddance.  

chuckschmidt77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted Suport at Arlo, I spent alsmot two hours giving them data, screen shots, times etc.  My system is back up and working now.  I guess it had something to do the with the Arlo Smart update? Anyway after 24 hours of my call the system is back and operating as it once was.  (Whew, I rely on this as my cabin is 650 miles away and these cameras are my eyes).

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been experiencing problems since this new update that was never informed to me. All of a sudden the format looks different and 4 out of 5 cameras do not work. The troubles of "cameras offline" started a few weeks ago to the best of my knowledge.

These arlo camera systems are not bad when they work but I've never experienced so much interuptions directly from the Arlo systems, nothing to do with my internet, wifi or posisioning of the cameras which are all within 40 - 50 feet of the base station.

As a disabled person I will not be recommending this "security system" to anyone given the lack of communique to Arlo clients about updates or upgrades.

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

BTW, I also contacted Arlo support approxiately a year ago after experiencing "upgrade" issues and the "Canada" Arlo support number is LONG DISTANCE which cost over $50 for the long drawn out "hold please while I find a solution" 

Juz sayin , ,

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

GatorHogg,

Are you using the mobile app or the web portal? What device are you using to view the cameras? Have you tried to reboot the base station and test again?

GatorHogg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mobile app and pc. Did all the rebooting, remove camera, remove battery, resync etc., etc. and did not work yesterday but today all cameras working (so far), but the app changes are brutal and not user friendly, as multiple numerous complaints have described.