Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Kinnos
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just recently updated the firmware on my Arlo cameras, but now some of them are not working properly. Prior to the recent firmware update the cameras were working fine. However, since the new firmware release I've only managed to get it to work for a minute at their current respective positions by cycling the power. After which they disconnect from the base station. On my app it reports that the cameras are offline. It is not because of battery since I just replaced them today. The ones that are closer to the base station does not seem to have this problem.

I believe it is a connection issue with the recent firmware since only the distanced cameras are having this issue; whereas, the ones less than 15 ft from the base station are unaffected. The new firmware may have reduced the signal strength of the cameras, but I cannot confirm this.
13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've changed batteries to eliminate that as an issue which also resets the camera, try power cycling the base, too.

Kinnos
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've restarted the power station from the app as well as pulling the power cable. It doesn't solve the problem.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not saying your not having issues...but I haven't noticed any diff on my farest cameras ( arlo ) which are at the 50ft range from the base thru a few walls too ( stick built home )

Is it possible you have changed any thing else ... like a cordless phone . etc...and do you notice any difference in signal levels.?? Maybe base issues?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Kinnos
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I power cycle the camera at the location that I want, it works for a moment in live view, but it stops working shortly after. Nothing has changed other than the battery is charged and new firmware update on the cameras.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sounds like a need to contact Netgear Support   https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Morse is faster than texting!
Sargmeov
Aspirant
Aspirant

i too have been having issues since the firmware update to my cameras. they will work no probs for a few hours then without notice some will stop detecting motion hence not achieving the rules applied. i did have an issue with furtherest cameras being offline but only one at a time until (i dont know what i did) they finally all started working again.constant reseting via the app and pulling power cords may have done it haha. As mentioned in the origianl post i also was not having any problems at all untill the rollout of the firmware and now i am constantly having to check to make sure the are working etc

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sargmeov,

When you say they stop detecting motion, what do you do to get them working again? Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? Do you see any difference in behavior between the two?

JamesC

Sargmeov
Aspirant
Aspirant

now that you mention the modes i just done a quick test i run a schedule and at the times its not detecting motion its on a custom mode i just switched it to armed and it worked. now to get them running again in the custom mode i have been resetting the router thru the app and it would start working again for a couple hours....its only 2 out of 5 cameras that are doing this and only ever since the cameras firmware updates. all 5 cameras have been updated....its becoming a pain in the arse because i want to trust in the fact that they will notify me when someone is there as the have always done in the past

CalTay
Tutor
Tutor

Issue:  Cannot live stream from any camera. I have removed them and added them back. I've rebooted router and base station. I replaced cord between base station and rounter. The last two lights on the base station (house icon and odd icon; don't know what to call that 3-legged symbol) do not light up, but the first three lights are as green as can be. When I follow the steps to update firmware there is no link to do so. current version of firmware for base station is 1.8.9.1_13442. I have three Arlo and two Arlo Q cameras. New batteries in all. Camera will detect activity and it will eventually load to library and I get aleart... it's just annoying that with all the money I've invested I cannot get support to help resolve the live streaming issue.  Yesterday I had someone kicking at my front door and of course could not get camera to live stream so I could see who it was.  Help, Please. 

247PC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got new system today and 2 of the cameras are working fine but the third one says"update is invalid" when I try the update.  I have tried rebooting the base and re-syncing the camera twice and no good.  I have sent this info to Support via e-mail since the "live chat" was Busy busy busy.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CalTay,

If using the Chrome browser, you may need to enable Flash as a recent Chrome update disabled flash. Take a look here for solution: ADOBE FLASH IS THE CULPRIT ON CHROME

247PC,

Consider bringing the camera close to the base station and install fresh batteries. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

JamesC

Sargmeov
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am still having same issue i cannot get 2 cameras detecting motion in custom modes and other 3 are fine and yet again only since the camera firmware update. if i put cameras into armed mode there is no probs, i have triple checked all my rules etc in custom modes not that anything has changed. is there anyway of forcing a camera firmware update incase it wasnt done properly but is showing the current firmware?

CalTay
Tutor
Tutor

Hell with the rules I started playing with different browsers.  I was using Google Chrome for 2-years with no changes on my end until something happened a couple weeks ago. Firmware update failure and/or conflict with Chrome.  I switch to FoxFire and got 2 of 5 cameras to live stream; however, you cannot use the microphone push to talk feature as it is not supported.  I tried IE and that was a waste of time.  Now retesting Google Chrome as someone else said recent update caused issues with Flash so I set to allow and added arlo to approved site.  no help.  still bummed I cannot live stream like I've always been able to since I invested in this system.  Maybe hard wired system is better deal if you weigh reliability vs fequent issues, dropped signals, cant reach server, etc, etc.  🙂