Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Baberim
Star
Star

Hello,

When I log into Arlo on the website, it says "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router." However when I just use the iOS apps, its completely fine. I'm able to live stream without issue.

Is something wrong with the site? 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Baberim,

If your iOS app is working fine it sounds like the issue you are experiencing is browser related.  Please consider the following troubleshooting steps:

1.  Make sure you have the latest version of your preferred web browser (chrome, IE11, Firefox, safari are all supported browsers)

2.  Make sure Flash player is updated and enabled.

3.  Clear your browser cache.

After you have completed these steps consider power cycling the base station and try logging back on through the web ui.  Please let me know if this helps!

JamesC

Baberim
Star
Star

Hello,

After several times trying, its intermittent. Here's what I'm finding:

Chrome: Doesn't work at all. I get a notificaiton that my basestation is offline (not the case)

Safari: Works sometimes. I have to hit the play button several times for each camera, most of the time it says: "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server."...closing that error out and trying again several times does seem to eventually work.

IOS: Works fine.

I am hesistatnt to call this a firewall issue as the support ticket (#25533654) stated, only because its spotty, on top of the fact that iOS works every time, and is connected to the same network. Flash player is up to date as well.

This seems to be a browser compatiblity issue as far as I can tell. It used to work 100% of the time, only the past couple of weeks has it been like this.

WilsonFlyer
Star
Star

It's NOT your firewall. Don't buy into the hype to get you off the phone. If it was your firewall, it would NEVER work. Besides that, there is NO inbound connection (ie: outside originated) to the Arlo base. All communication is return communication originating at the base (with pre-assigned permissions to return packets to the base). Firewalls are NOT in play here. If they were, you would have had to open up port services and/or forwarding to ever make it work to begin with.

See some of the other threads here similar to yours including mine.

tvinhas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. From my Android app, it works either when I'm connected to the home wifi, or when I'm away using my mobile 4G network.

From the web browser, it works flawlessly when I'm home, connected to the home Wifi, but it won't connect while I'm away.

If Arlo needs some special port mapping for the web interface, please let me know so I can set it up. Maybe some port forwarding.

I just need to know which port the web application tries to connect in order to access my Arlo base station.

Spridell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a problem with Chrome.

Works on all my other browsers and on my Android phone and Ipad.

Chrome I always get the message "base not connected to internet"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I get this, too, but a quick logout and back in clears it for me.