Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

system account in place; new cameras not recognized

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
pherb
Follower
Follower

Hi, I returned an ARLO system and now have a new system. Trying to use my existing ARLO account to set-up the new system, but cannot get cameras to show in the account.

The cameras are synched to the base station but I cannot see anything.

4 REPLIES 4
pask2m12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very difficult to install the Arlo Netgear camera system.  I would never recommend this system to any one.  Although I have gotten the cameras to take pictures, I have never been able to reset the system so that that computer recognizes the base station. 

Not a system for the average public to install.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a system for the average public to install.

Sorry about your dificulties, but disagree.  There are so many variables in computer systems, I can see some problems arrising just from that. 

I started the system up without the instruction book and all worked. The proper motion detect did take a bit of trial and error to get it where I found acceptable, but after a week or two it was good for me.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to be a "mee, too" but I've also had almost no problems with this system and I never had one before.  Yeah, I'm a geek that doesn't read manuals but I found setup to be rather easy with some trial and error.  I do agree that the interface is a bit confusing but once you get the mindset it's quite workable.  A better manual could be useful for the less technically inclined amongst us which could reduce the newbie questions here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pherb,

Were you able to get this issue resolved? If not, what is the behavior of the LED lights on the cameras when trying to sync them to the base station? Please let us know!

JamesC