Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Web page does not update battery ...

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
mjz
Guide
Guide

I tend to use the Arlo web page on my desktop to view my Arlo cameras (big screen vs cell phone App). I noticed that the battery meter and connection status no longer updates? When I recharged one of the batteries and re-connected, the icon still showed a near dead battery. Also, when I took the camera offline (to charge) and re-connected, the image still showed camera offline ?? The cell phone App shows the information correctly (i.e. is working fine). Any suggestions or is this just a bug in the desktop web interface? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

have noticed this...

Usu if the camera is LIVE viewed it corrects. It prob is not pinging the camera or cache is not up dating with the web app.

Also you can hit the settings of camera and then the battery reads ok

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Ditto on my end too. Please fix it, Arlo!

eu5j3xht
Guide
Guide

Ditto here.

From reviewing community chats, this appears to be an ongoing issue. I recently charged a camera and disconnected it, however, the web app still shows it as connected with 37% battery. This, after I've closed/re-opened the browser, delete browser cache, etc.

cap.jpgcap2.png

arlososo
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. Took down 3 exterior cameras to recharge batteries. Charged them all until the blue led was solid on the face of all 3. I've logged in to the website twice in the 24 hours since batteries were fully charged. No change in battery status. Because battery status is not available on the website, owners are unable to determine the status of each camera's battery. Not good.

eu5j3xht
Guide
Guide

I spent quite some time on this issue today with Arlo support to see if they had any insight. After much back/forth and me providing many screen shots, it seems like we got as far as possible but their last statement, after I inquired on the issue root cause, "we'll monitor the situation."   Arlo isn't open source (unfortunately) and so transparency isn't their obligation or forte, but I speculate based upon my chat conversation that what @TomMac stated is accurate. I know proper battery levels are transmitted from my cameras because I receive an Email when they go dead, but the web site is extremely unreliable. There's clearly an issue where battery levels aren't being sync'd to the web app - caching issue, server issue, whatever.

eu5j3xht
Guide
Guide

For comic relief, here is their issue 'closing' notice to me. To paraphrase their technical support resolution, "We've done nothing that I can or wish to share, but we heard you have a problem. And, here's an unrelated article for you to read so I can say I helped you."

Your Case Details
Case Number: 43177529
Subject: tend to use the Arlo web page on my desktop to view my Arlo cameras (big screen vs cell phone App). I noticed that the battery meter and connection status no longer updates? When I recharged one of the batteries and re-connected, the icon still showed a

Case Update

Hi Bob,  

For a quick recap you've contacted us about how to fix the battery meter using the website . And I was able to provide the steps and article to help you. We need to monitor this issue that you've encountered.   

You can also visit this link for the step by step process. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1239221/What-do-I-do-if-my-Arlo-Charging-Station-won-t-charge-my-Arlo-Go-or-Arlo... 

KGWL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some empirical data, draw what conclusions you may...I've noticed that my iPad Mini correctly shows the battery usage. Windows 11 however is not even close, regardless of what browser I use. Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge are all equally useless!