Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
JeremyBrumm
Star
Star

Hi Arlo Team,

I have been using the Arlo skill on my US Amazon Alexa acount for some time now, i just recently switched everything over to my Canadian account so i could take advantage of my Prime account for free music streaming.  After the switch there was one thing missing that i used on a daily basis, the Arlo skill giving me the ability to call up my cameras on my TV via my fire tv stick.  Do we know when this skill will be available in Canada?  Please give an ETA?

Jeremy

16 REPLIES 16
VincentS
Guide
Guide

Having the same problem - would be great to get this functionality in Canada.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JeremyBrumm, VincentS

I've requested an availability update on this topic. I will post an update as soon as I can with any new information.

JamesC

OnlineMatt
Guide
Guide

I have recently set up my house with an amazon echo and fire tv.  it is EXTREMELY frustrarting that we still can't get the Arlo skill in Canada. when will this be available?

VincentS
Guide
Guide

Just wondering of there was an update on availability in Canada?

Alternatively, (as I have seen this on other products such as Sonos and even some of the Alexa features that are slow to get to Canada), is there a way to 'trick' it to get the skill set up.  I'm pretty sure if I take the exact same Echo and Arlo hardware I have down to the US, set it up on a US network, I would have access to the Arlo skill.  Is anyone aware of any 'workarounds' (eg setting country code to something different in one of the apps???).

Any ideas / updates apprecaited.  Thanks.

Vincent.

Duxy
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a timeline for Canada support of Arlo and Alexa or should i just return this product?

very disapointing as i did not know until i bought

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I do not currently have any new information on this topic. I have requested an update and will post again as soon as I know more.

JamesC

CharlesBaumann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Any news for this service, alexa,IFTTT ?

Just saw the date above 🙂

Regards

JeremyBrumm
Star
Star
VincentS —-
Hey, all you have to do is change the country setting on your phone to US and change the country settings on your amazon account to US (from a desktop). Then you will be able to pair your fire tv and get the Arlo skill in the Alexa app.
If you are a Canadian prime member though you will no longer have access to your prime video or music.
NikkonGuy
Initiate
Initiate

This is getting very frustrating and shouldn't be hard to develope a skill for this for the Canadian customers.  It's sad that I can get a useless skill of a dog barking but not one for my arlo cameras.  It'd be different if there wasn't one already devoloped for out friends in the US

VincentS
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the response.  However my issue was not with Fire TV, it was with an Echo Show.  Tried changing the country settings - doesn't work.  Need Arlo to make the skill available in Canada.  Not sure why it wouldn't - are we that different in Canada?

VincentS
Guide
Guide

JamesC:  Been 3 months now, any update?  Thanks.

JeremyBrumm
Star
Star

Hi JamesC,

Really looking for an update here, half my house is setup on US account and the other on CA account.  Its really annoying.

Jeremy

OnlineMatt
Guide
Guide

hey Jeremy,

did you ever get an update on this? it's been 8 months since I first asked them about this and I've had no response at all. very frustrating! 

OnlineMatt
Guide
Guide

any updates on this? I just bought a new 4k fire tv stick and it says that it supports the Arlo app but it STILL doesn't work in Canada.  WHEN WILL THE APP BE AVAILABLE HERE!?!?!?!

OnlineMatt
Guide
Guide

I originally asked about this a year ago and have received almost no response from netgear! my friends and family in the US have the app on their fire tv sticks and it works great!  I just upgraded to the newest 4k fire tv sticks with alexa but still, not compatible with the arlo app.  why don't we have it in Canada yet? what is the hold up?  

OnlineMatt
Guide
Guide

a number of us have been asking for well over a year now and we've had no updates at all.  the Arlo APP for Firetv is avaialble in the US. when will it be avaialble in Canada?