Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
eightbit
Star
Star

I have scheduling set up with 4 x wireles arlo camera connected. Two of the cameras are inside the house.

I thought it was strange for a while as nothing has been showing in my feed dueing the night - normally I pick up cats outside and inside my kids trigger it if they get up during the night.

I went past it during the night when I have it set to 'paranoid' mode which is basically all careams activated and triggered with 90% movement. But I doticed the iR lights didn't activate when I went past it.

I reviewed my app and the mode shows as 'Disarmed' even though it's set to sceduling and I confirm that time they should be active. It's not just incorrectly displaying the status as it also never records anything. I confirmed at the time that base station was up, internet etc was working.

This is getting really annoying as I paid good money for home security and it seems it's not working during the night which is when I'd like it most to work.

Base station is running the following versions:

HW Version = H11
Serial Number = 4WA16B719A3AC
Firmware = 1.3.314

Cameras are on:
Firmware = 1.3.314

Sometimes it works, a lot of the time it doesn't. You just never know when it's not going to work, but I don't want it to be the one time that I really need it as we have lots of car/house break ins in our area. I've rebooted devices.. I know someone will say delete and rebuild scheduling (I've recreated everything again) - but how can I trust it wont stop working again?

Fustrating 
48 REPLIES 48
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First step right now is to ALWAYS use a browser to check/set modes, rules and schedule. The app can display incorrectly. You can use a mobile browser if set to use the desktop version of the site.

JJPLaw
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same problem here after adding 3 Arlo lights to my 3 Arlo Cameras I’ve had for two years. The base station keeps misapplying my schedule and won’t stop putting cameras in “disarmed,” even though my schedule only includes time slots where some or all cameras are armed. I’ve restarted base station twice, and wiped out and recreated my schedule twice to no avail. The system is truly disarmed because I can test my cameras and they’re not picking up anything. It’s not a mismatch in app and browser. Any help is appreciated - problems didn’t start until I added new Arlo lights. Don’t really feel like removing them and getting out ladder to take them down from their mounts around the house but might not have a choice.
Dennis_phillips
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.  The schedule is useless since it won't arm.  I've reset everything and no luck.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you -  Arlo Tech Support

bds1223
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem.  I can set it to the different modes (ie armed, disarmed, custom modes), but when I put it in schedule it goes to disarmed instead of following the schedule that I created.  I only purchased the Pro 2 about a month ago.  Before then I had be using an original arlo for about 2 years so know how to create the schedule. I never had this problem come up with the original system and base unit so the software error that is now going on is either with the arlo pro cameras or the pro base unit.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bds1223

Have you made sure your base station & cameras are up to date? Does the mode change successfully when using the Web Portal?

Curiuos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you ever get this sorted?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Curiuos

Is there an issue I may assist you with?

Mbengson
Star
Star

i have the exact same issue.  Based on the schedule, the system should be "ARMED" but it is actually DISARMED.  My system is NEVER disarmed, just different modes. I have tried removing all schedules and then entering them in again, but it has made no difference.  I had the same issue last year and was told to remove all cameras, reset, blahblahblah and that didn't help either.  Literally, one day it started working again.  Right now, I have to manually move the system into ARMED to make it work.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mbengson

Is this schedule you have reflecting on both the Arloobile App & the Web Portal? Have you attempted to create the schedule on your web browser?

Viking42
Guide
Guide

Same here, 

since a few weeks, when schedule turns on, the mode goes into disarmed

i have the arlos cams since two years now, and this is really the top of unsecure flaws this solution has!

Merk17
Initiate
Initiate
This is a known issue throughout the forums and the arlo subreddit however arlo support refuses to acknowledge that there is an issue on their end. What some of us have noticed throughout these threads is that scheduling may work if you set up no more than one mode switch a day. ie midnight-6am -Mode 1 and 6:01am -11:59pm - Mode 2.
I need more add on cameras however I refuse to purchase anymore until this issue is fixed. It’s been about 8 months and there is still no fix. With Ring’s new security sensors and cameras coming out I’ll probably switch to that if this isn’t fixed in the next few months.

Hope this helps
eightbit
Star
Star

Hi all,

Apologies for such a late reply as I've been travelling and back for one night. Seems this is an issues for a few people, which is disapointing.

For those who suggest setting/checking from a desktop/PC - this is not an option and completely undermines the convinience to which I purchased these cameras. I've had to stop using scheduling all together.

I wiped ALL my settings, cameras and schedules. Reconfigured, this time using the built in 'armed' option to turn all cameras on during the night and you guessed it - nothing at all. App on phone shows disarmed - which to clarify isn't just a false display on the app.. the cameras do not regoster any movement and the IR lights do not activate if I walk in front of them when they should be armed during the night.

I basically have to manually arm or change modes which is absolute bull*hit

Now to top it off - when I check my alerts and scroll to a particular video on my phone using the app it always opens the latest video and I have to manually flick back to the one I want to see.

This arlo crap is wasting so many hours and the biggest concern is that when I need it the most - it'll let me down.

I'll chase Arlo Support and see what happens and let you know.. unless you hear something first.

Thanks for all your feedback!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@eightbit wrote:

For those who suggest setting/checking from a desktop/PC - this is not an option and completely undermines the convinience to which I purchased these cameras. I've had to stop using scheduling all together.

You can use a mobile browser, too, if it's set to use the desktop version of the site.

It's an app problem and if you want to set/check anything in the Mode tab, this is the workaround. Your choice.

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm also having this problem. I don't know yet if setting the schedule via a web browser will be a successful workaround for me or not. The point is that it should work via the app, as advertised. Overall, I'm happy with the Arlo system but, once again, I've spent a fair amount of time troubleshooting an issue that Arlo should have gotten out in front of with some sort of an announcement that they're aware of the problem and are working on it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree with you. However, other than brief announcements here from a few Arlo employees, or comments from users who have opened cases with support, there's no official "we're working on it" status posts. Your best bet is to always open a case with support whenever a problem or bug pops up. Everyone should do that. It raises awareness and changes the metrics management uses to determine where to assign resources.

Viking42
Guide
Guide

"setting the schedule via a web browser"

Didn't work out for me, 

Also its not about the status showed, but the reality of the cameras being activated or not.

Clearly during the "schedule-armed",  there have been not notification or recording of presences while i was almost dancing under the cameras

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you not only check the schedule but also check your modes used in the schedule to ensure the cameras actually have appropriate rules in those modes? Have you rebooted the base, which is what will be used to activate the schedule and/or modes?

Mbengson
Star
Star
The reboot and reset suggestions have been tried and it doesn’t fix it. My issue is ALWAYS at night, when we need it most. When there is a set schedule and it works and you change NOTHING and it stops working, the issue is with the software, NOT THE USER.
Viking42
Guide
Guide

I will not feel irritated and just respond by yes to all those questions, i can also add that yes, the power plug was connected... 

the issue is with the software, NOT THE USER.

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice
So, none of the suggested fixes/workarounds worked for me. The bottom line is that the scheduling feature is not working via the app or a web browser.
eightbit
Star
Star

I wiped my custom modes ad only used the preset modes - same results.. all done from a PC as well, not from the app

eightbit
Star
Star

Confimred - this is the exact same thing for myself..

very fustrating

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The brute force method to try to fix this is the system reset by removing everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.