Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Replacement Camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
khoke1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Beyond frustrated with Arlo support at the moment. 3 weeks ago I started a replacement claim for my camera that is having excessive battery draining issues (new set of batteries every 4-5 days). I paid $16.90 for Arlo to send the replacement camera then i would send the defective camera back. A few days after I paid I checked on the status and they had no record of my payment so i had to email a screenshot of my bank account to show I paid. The customer service rep said at that time I would receive my camera in 5-7 business days. On Friday June 22nd I did another chat to see where my camera was and was told they would send my case to the appropriate department. On Monday June 25th I got an email from the same customer service rep saying the following:

Hi, Kevin,

Good day!

Thank you for reaching Arlo technical support. This is Nina again and I am happy that I was able to assist you today.

Please be informed that I have forwarded your case to the appropriate department. The replacement camera should be sent when business hours resume and it may take 5-7 business days.

Furthermore, as compensation due to the inconvenience, we'll refund you with the Advanced Ground ( 16.90) that was charged to your card. You should be receive the amount within the next 30 business days.

I would appreciate if you would update us once you received the replacement device so may assist you.

Have a good day, Kevin. We value your business, and please contact me should you have any further cause for concern.

For more information you may visit us at Arlo.com and https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/ct-p/Arlo.

Kind regards,

Nina
Expert ID: 46042
ARLO Support
ref:_00D30xsV._500801CE1u9:ref

Currently I am doing another chat to find where the camera is and have been told the following: And as verified, we have not received an update yet from the warehouse. Thus as of this time cannot give you a time frame when you will receive it. This is from Merry R. Expert ID 46511

How can a company the size of Netgear be this bad? All I want is a security camera that will work. My other 2 camera work perfect and have no issues.
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

khoke1,

I apologize for the poor experience. I will follow up on your open support case and check on the status of your RMA.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me and a private message, I would be happy to assist.

JamesC