Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
MunteanuBogdan
Guide
Guide

1. Hello, I`m not sure if ARLO BASE STATION VMS3230 (not Arlo Pro base station) can record on memory stick when internet is down and upload videos in cloud when internet come up like Arlo Pro (I tested only on Arlo PRO).

2. Can i use SCHEDULING on Arlo VMS3230  (Not arlo PRO) ?

3. What means 4 video channels i read this on ARLO Package VMS3230  ? I can see 4 cameras same time live or Arlo VMB3000 can have only 4 camera connected.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manfredz
Hero
Hero

you can record onto a USB device only on the Arlo Pro.

scheduling can be done on both the arlo and the arlo pro

if you have 4 cams you can see all 4 of them live on your web browser or phone. ON a basic (free) plan you can have up to 5 cams connected at one time; more on the premium (paid) plans.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
manfredz
Hero
Hero

you can record onto a USB device only on the Arlo Pro.

scheduling can be done on both the arlo and the arlo pro

if you have 4 cams you can see all 4 of them live on your web browser or phone. ON a basic (free) plan you can have up to 5 cams connected at one time; more on the premium (paid) plans.

radub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey do you mean if I have ARLO VMC 3030 and my internet connection is down, camera can`t record and i will lose all recorded videos without internet? Arlo VMC3030 dosen`t have an internal memory to store recorded videos without internet and upload in cloud (SYNC)after internet come up ?

tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

That's correct. The Arlo camera does not have internal storage. Instead it connects to the base station and from there on to the internet. It "records" to the internet.

If the internet connection is down, nothing is recorded and you cannot access your camera's.

I believe the Pro base has the ability to store locally on a USB drive. I own a normal Arlo base and 7 camera's, I do not have a Pro, so you should ask someone else for that 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have both and only the Pro can store videos, even if the Internet is down. However, you must unmount the drive and view on a computer to see what happened.  There's no notifications (since the Internet is down) and the videos won't sync to the cloud after the connection is restored.

Vetal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pro can record to USB, but how do I arm it without internet ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vetal,

To change modes, the system requires an internet connection. If the system is Armed at the time the internet connection is lost and a usb drive is connected, recordings will be saved locally.

JamesC

bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been looking for a workaround for the original Arlo base station lack of active usb ports to use usb storage.  Does anyone know of a workaround solution?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only "workaround" is to use a Pro base.

mgwarren
Aspirant
Aspirant

So am thinking perhaps I should have did a bit more detailed research prior to purchasing my VMS3430 with (5) VMC3030 cameras.  I am a bit distressed that I do not seem to be able to record if my internet were to go down with this system combination (per this viewed thread)...

So my question is this, can I just replace my base station with the "Pro" model to avail myself of the ability to record to a jumpdrive if my internet goes down or do I need to replace both base station and cameras to "Pro" models ???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, buying a Pro base would be fine.