Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arcadeic
Follower
Follower

Base device: VMB4000r3

firmware:1.12.0.1_27940

Cameras: H7

firmware: 1.092.0.19_26228

iPhone App: 2.7.7 (56)

iphone x: 11.3.1 (I will not update to 12)

So I have my porch (camera 1) set to record the driveway (camera 2) as well when it senses motions. However it seems some kind of coding on the app or backend servers is not allowing this to happen. It was working perfectly before about a month or 2 ago with no changes to my system. 

When camera 1 will record when it it senses a person, vehicle, animal, or basic Motion it will not trigger the 2nd camera in addiation to the camera 1 to record even when setup in the mode to do so.

I have removed the camera off the trigger and added it again to no avail. The 2nd camera is hardwired, and that seems to be the only difference I have made to the system (official hardwire system non-recall version). 

I have also tried to setup the 2nd camera to record the first camera when it senses motion, but it doesnt do so either.

When I try to also change the Motion Sensitivety to the cameras, the app becomes unresponsive. I cannot click save or cance, i must force close the app.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and set it on on the web with browser...  https://arlo.netgear.com

Most of the time I set all up on web, just use the app/phone for arming. It makes it much easier.

Also make sure the smart settings are set up for all motion; it should work.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------