Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 CVR stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dhanson99
Star
Star

Beyond frustrated with my Arlo Pro 2 setup this morning... last night, we had an attempted break-in at our home, according to our neighbors.  Suspicious vehicle and person roaming around our house at about 9:30pm, who sped away when noticed.

I went to view my Arlo Pro 2 CVR video this morning to investigate, and nothing is there.  Nothing! (no green lines, or detected motion or sounds)  I have no proof and no way to invesstigate what happened.  I have tried restarting, rebooting, unplugging, reconnecting, but the CVR feature will just not work now (it has worked fine in the past on multiple occasions).  Yes, cameras are plugged in and in range, and the service has been working when I have tested over the past year.

Tried contacting customer support, and cannot get through to anyone on the chat feature, so posting here.

I am not willing to continue paying $25+ a month for a service that I cannot count on, and does not realiably work.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dhanson99,

No green lines indicates there was no motion detected. What are you experiencing that is indicating CVR isn't working? Are you seeing any error messages when trying to parse through the the timeline?

JamesC

dhanson99
Star
Star

When i noticed the issue, I was not getting any green lines, or any picture timeline indicating that CVR was actively recording.  Over a week of CVR recordings were not there for the 2 cameras I am paying for... and, I missed the incident from the night before I needed video footage of.

I removed the two cameras from CVR, and added them back in, and they seemed to be working again (but, unfortunately I think I am now double charged for CVR for the month, which is another problem I need fix)

Now, looking at the CVR timelines this morning, there are large gaps in recording in the CVR timeline.  One camera has a 8 hour gap yesterday from 10:30PM to 6:30PM, the other camera had a 4 hour gap and several smaller gaps in recording.  Both cameras are less than 20 feet from router, and internet to house is good (fiber, 1GB).  

Had been working fine for months, so not sure what is going on