Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Clarkcompound
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo has all the sudden stopped working and has a message saying it’s not connected to the internet! My internet is connected and on my hub the lights are lite up saying it’s connected but the app still says it’s not! Can anyone help me with this please?

314 REPLIES 314
cjbrown23
Tutor
Tutor

No. it is not possible the base station got disconnected. I had to have a neighbor unplug, then plug back in the base station to get it to reconnect. This brought one camera back online, but the other was a dead battery. I had checked the day before and it was at 47%. This brings up another issue, I never get a low battery message. You would think that the camera could push a low battery message to your phone thru the app like it does when it sees motion. 

I am currently purchasing a different brand of cameras. This situation has left me feeling zero security with this Arlo system. 

mhume01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same problem consistently since I have had the system.  Arlo Tech support isn't the best unfortunately.   They have switched out my bases 3 time and a couple of my cameras over the last year for connectivity issues.  I have a battery backup on the base so its not losing power and my internet is strong, but Arlo does drop its cameras constantly.  I have one in my hallway that I have had to reconnect 3 times today.  It will connect for a while then go off.  This will be at random.  I might look tomorrow and have 2 completely different cameras off line.  It might go 2 weeks though with out dropping one.  When a camera goes off line it kills the battery because the camera will constantly try to re connect (Flashing amber light).

I wish I had a solution, but I feel your frustration.

cjbrown23
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for the reply mhume01, but I don’t think there is a solution other than purchasing a different brand of cameras, which I have done. Ever since Netgear split from Alro the customer service and reliability has deteriorated. Thank you for letting me know I am not the only one and others are having issues as well. I think I will just sell these when my other cameras get here.
Denisearlo
Guide
Guide
Log out and log in again. It should work again.
MikeM79
Guide
Guide

So around 2 months later my non-certified (EBL brand) rechargeable batteries gave out.  I recharged and rehung all my cameras over the weekend and all are still working with the VMB3500.  Winter time battery life is always bad even with non-rechargeable batteries so I think that's reasonable.  I also use quality over battery life since I use rechargeable batteries. 

Also, FWIW, if you're like me and have them outside under first floor eaves, you might look into one of those 3' grabby things they used to have "as seen on tv".  At least if you're over 6' tall anyway.  They're available almost everywhere for under 20 bucks and I don't need to drag out a 10' ladder anymore to get the cameras, I just grab them and pull them down, recharge, stick them back up and then use the grabber to move them into position.  Way quicker especially doing one at a time to charge them before the batteries are fully out.

LdkE
Tutor
Tutor

If I read that right there are still people buying more ** from Arlo to make their useless ** work? There is no way that I support a company which leaves there customers so obvious in the rain with blowing more $$ in Arlo's ** In the process of changing to another brand and do my best to tell everybody how embarrasing this company and even more their ignorant development and support is.

Bruce2
Tutor
Tutor
I agree. Any time a camera malfunctions from now on, I go to a Ring Camera. I am not wasting anymore money on Arlo Cameras or batteries. The new system does not support the original cameras and Customer Service is just a run around. When I am at Costco’s and see someone looking at Arlo, I tell them all the trouble I have with the system.
CodyD
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the VMB a shot but it didn’t work. The camera stayed on for 3 days. 🙄
JPI80918
Star
Star

Absolute WORST customer service trouble shooting in anything I subscribe too.  Worst dependability and inconsistent alarming.  It's sad but I really wish they would just shutdown, go out of business and discontinue the service...at least that way I would have absolutely no expectation of customer support or product quality.

Bruce2
Tutor
Tutor
VMB 3000
Terrible system. Too expensive, goes offline.
JPI80918
Star
Star

I sincerely wish there was a way bankrupt this company and put them out of business.  It is ridiculous the lack of support and lack of quality information/documentation to fix issues.  You either wait online for support for hours or have to search the community boards.  I wasted money on 10 cameras and the associated $99 annual fee and I get literally nothing.  But after 30 minutes...a representative will be with me shortly --- for the 10th time.

SeniorCitizen70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've used Arlo for several years.  Three cameras connected to my base worked fine.  I've recently added two cameras.  I replace the batteries with recharged.  Recently they have started going off-line, meaning as an old woman, I OFTEN have to climb a ladder five times and push the buttons till the blue light comes on.  I still work, and this is my SECURITY.  I also feel they are a visible deterrent to crime.  I paid good money for these! Plus, my kids use log-on to check on me when I'm at home and they have not heard from me.   Is five too many?  And if so ... I've got the cameras now (paid for) ... what is the solution without spending MORE money?  I am frustrated.

CodyD
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately no one at arlo is helping with this situation. As you can see when I started this thread, several of us are in the same boat. I would spend another dime on arlo. I even bought a different base station but it didn’t work. I’m going with camera from Amazon called Blink XT2.
wallacepost
Guide
Guide
If u place the cam within 2 meters, it stays online, if I place it at the front open with the door open, the cam sync with base station. After you close the timber “ yes a timber door” it lost the connection as offline after couple mins . The camera was working fine with the door closed, until this couple weeks. The app says good signal before goes offline, the front door just 10 meter away from the base station vmb 3000. It’s definitely not the hardware issue “tested placing same cam next to base station for the last 2 days”or signal interference” it used to be ok for a period of time, same distance and same setup!. Arlo has brought me **bleep** load of pain since I bought the device back to 3 years ago! A worthless company only keep pushing new model, but no support n maintaining previous sold device. Should never purchase anything from a company like this!
sportswanker
Tutor
Tutor
I threw my Arlo system away and replaced it with EUFY SECURITY Cam2. These advertise as 360 days charge. So far, I've been pleased. They've been in use for 3 months now and no sign of discharge. 😁😁