Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Clarkcompound
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo has all the sudden stopped working and has a message saying it’s not connected to the internet! My internet is connected and on my hub the lights are lite up saying it’s connected but the app still says it’s not! Can anyone help me with this please?

314 REPLIES 314
MikeM79
Guide
Guide

I ended up deep sixing my VMB3000 and getting a VMB3500, so far so good, cameras stay online and haven't killed their batteries.

JPI80918
Star
Star

Your solution sounds invintive, and instead of dwelling on the shortcomings works within them.  I'm sure you have less self-inflicted frustration. 

I don't have the means to hook all 9 of my cameras to power, but I think your remote power cycling idea for the base station will help relieve/reduce on of my bigger frustrations.

JASONARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

So have you found an actual solution? I am where you are at. Constantly resetting the batteries. I have 3 of 5 cams doing this. One cam in particular is doing it more often that the others. I don't want to keep having to reset the batteries, it defeats the purpose of me purchasing these cameras. 

JASONARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you found a real solution? 

LAL19
Guide
Guide
What I have been doing with success is operating the Arlo cameras on the Schedule. Awhile back I started questioning the ISP (Spectrum) disrupting the service during daytime periods so I set the camera schedule for night monitoring. I also bought the rechargeable batteries w/charger on Amazon. Since then no failures and only charge every three months. I still capture video at night of critters and stuff but the batteries last and I’m not interrupted. Now if Arlo would give us independent camera “schedule“ it would be a good system.
MikeM79
Guide
Guide

Switching to the VMB3500 resolved all my issues, at under 35 bucks delivered from ebay.  Despite my misgivings about spending any more on this system it seems to have done the trick.

meridamiller
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am so tired of charging my batteries and then having them each time be offline can't getting them back online very frustrated and hating the product at this time. Please give some information I am upset.
Kaeasley
Aspirant
Aspirant
This happened to me as well. I called and sat on the phone for an hour today and I was told to remove the batteries from the camera. I did that and a few hours later, it’s stated that the device is offline. I have an event going on at my business right now and I can’t see anything nor can I interrupt the event to take the batteries out and reenter them. I’ve had these cameras a year and I’ve had to constantly go back to work to reset the base. This is unacceptable.
Berrrnie
Initiate
Initiate

I have to admit I am over this system. For months I have been up and down ladders adding devices back. I'm now down to one camera, 2nd camera syncs, runs for a few minutes and goes offline. 3rd camera won't even sync at all.

I note that when I make a change such as extend the time of sensitivity they drop off. 

My days of arlo are over, they seriously have some problems here . I've tried chat, its always closed. Honestly I give up and no amount of TV advertising that they doing right now  will convince me to stay. They are still trying to flog this same system and I note showing that they are powered up and not battery..

Over to another brand.

Denisearlo
Guide
Guide
I only use one camera paired with my doorbell. Whenever motion happens my camera turns on.
sportswanker
Tutor
Tutor

I feel your pain! Mine cameras keep going offline on a regular basis. I cannot rely on a system that functions this way. I guess I'm going to bite the bullet, and shop for something else. Thanks for your input and good luck.

davidjlowman
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just installed system and am away.
Getting messages all cameras are off-line.
Can you reset remotely?
LAL19
Guide
Guide

No, you can’t reset remotely. A previous answer to reset remotely was to connect the base station to one of the commercial switches like Wemo. You can then control the power to your Base Station. 

Bruce2
Tutor
Tutor

I am constantly going through batteries. I am constantly going offline.

I have the original version of Arlo Cameras.

Since you went to the new software, I have 6 cameras I can not sync and use. At @$150 each, these are pretty expensive pieces of junk I have around.

I need replacements as I feel you are not supporting these cameras and are trying to get customers to buy the new version.

I will not do that. In fact, any money I put into my Security Cameras will be Ring. They are more reliable and have better battery life and features.

I just bought more batteries from Best Buy. 12 batteries cost me $40. Way too much to keep the cameras running. When my latest batch of batteries run out I am going to pull all my Arlo cameras, then I will cancel my subscription.

Arlo once was a good product. Competition has made you a 2nd class product.

Jude123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, one of our two cameras has gone offline.  Battery level was fine and internet is connected.   We are away so unable to play with camera itself.  How can we resolve this please?

ks10000
Aspirant
Aspirant

this helped me. look for this article in the help area.

Article ID: 1057976

ks10000
Aspirant
Aspirant

that link stinks try this

To perform a factory reset on your SmartHub or base station:

1. Use a pen or straightened paperclip to press and hold the Reset button on the back of the base station for about 10 seconds.
    After the base station reset is complete, the LEDs on the front of the base station flash amber. When the LEDs stop flashing amber, your base station reboots. Resetting the base station also removes it from your Arlo account.
  2. When the Power and Internet LEDs are both solid green, tap the Arlo icon on your mobile device and log in to your Arlo app. You can also enter my.arlo.com in the address bar of a browser.
  3. Click or tap New System Setup.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

RockyMtnGT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone having this problem with the newest Pro 3 series?  My Pro 2 system just started having this issue a few months ago.  Up until then, it's been really solid.  The Arlo Pro 3 system is still rated as the top wireless security camera system on the market by most of the major tech mags, so just wondering if this problem has been resolved with the newer system.

PhoenixArtist
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is still offline, I deleted base station so I could reinstall, and it states it cannot locate.  HELP.

PhoenixArtist
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has been Offline and I cannot get it to reconnect to the Internet.  What is going on?  

PhoenixArtist
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got my Base to connect to internet.  I reinstalled the Apple App for iPhone, and lo and behold!  Thanks to Guru for responding to me so quickly.  Appreciate it.

CodyD
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I take the battery out, it only takes a day or so for it to go offline. Any help would be appreciated.
LAL19
Guide
Guide

I’m sorry but I don’t understand the question. ‘If I take the battery out, it only takes a day or so for it to go offline’. If you take the batteries out it will instantly go offline. 

CodyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

@LAL19 Let me clarify, my outdoor camera is offline. If I take the battery out, it goes back online for a day or so then goes back offline.

Hollymorgan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  And nothing I can do solves the problem.   I have contacted support three times and each time received an acknowledgment email with case number saying I will be contacted within 24 hours.  So, I have three case numbers and contact and it's been 2 weeks and counting. 

Ring is starting to look pretty good right now........