Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Clarkcompound
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo has all the sudden stopped working and has a message saying it’s not connected to the internet! My internet is connected and on my hub the lights are lite up saying it’s connected but the app still says it’s not! Can anyone help me with this please?

314 REPLIES 314
ransan1228
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have shut down the base, charged all batteries, only one not coming online.  Not sure what else to do?

Irvrn66
Star
Star

Take batteries out or open battery door on the one not connected, replace batteries or close door. Camera will reconnected to  base.

Irvrn66
Star
Star

Pushing the sync button on top of camera only makes camera resync to base it its' close to base 3-4 foot.  Open battery door for approx. 20 seconds and close again, camera should resync to base.  This works for me.

ransan1228
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did.  I have had my camera's for over a year, with out issues.  Camera was working right up until i pulled the battery to charge.  my other three camera's are up and running.

LdkE
Tutor
Tutor

@Aaronmelbourne wrote:
Use the app, go to devices, click on the Home base and restart the home base. Cameras will reappear without having to take batteries out!

Tried your instruction and it didn't work - connected at home on the same router than the ARLO home base and restarted the base twice from the ARLO App on my iPhone.

Still 2 of 3 cameras offline - this ARLO crap doesn't work.

@ShayneS 

We are still waiting for your response and the solution of this annoying ARLO problem!!!

LdkE
Tutor
Tutor

Just checked the Better Business Bureau Complaints for ARLO - interesting that the complaints were nearly all answered in the same canned response of an Customer Care Advocate of Arlo Technologies and nearly all of them end up with the level 2 or 3 developer team at ARLO.

Their developments are screwed up.

So guys, think we wait here until the end of our days for ARLO's response if we are not forcing issue solving actions and response with a single complaint by each of us.

Its sad but it seems the only way to get this issues fixed.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

I currently have an active BBB complaint, and Arlo has 2 days remaining to resolve it.  The only responses I've gotten are canned emails and phone calls from extremely thickly accented people, can barely understand them.

Literally all Arlo support does is stall stall stall and counts on customers to fatigue and give up.  There's nothing they can suggest other than restarting/resetting/re-syncing, which will not repair their unstable firmware.

Jcreech
Tutor
Tutor

Try taking out the batteries then reboot. For my problem I had to delete my base station and  reconnect all my camera just  basically started over like it was the new unit 

Pearlhandle54
Initiate
Initiate
I'm fed up with this issue and I'm scrapping Arlo. It's a piece of junk and Arlo support is a complete JOKE. Removing and reinstalling the batteries to make a device come back online is NOT a solution! What is the REASON for it constantly going offline Arlo???
Denisearlo
Guide
Guide
They sell rechargeable batteries at Tenergy with a charger. I just use the doorbell paired with 1 camera . I'm saving the other 2 cameras as spares.
ELSABELSA123
Aspirant
Aspirant
How did you get back online...Ive tried everything
LAL19
Guide
Guide
I am now using the recommended batteries for Arlo, rechargeable. I charged them up to 4.5v and installed the cameras on Labor Day. All 4 of my cameras died today (10/4) at the same time. Charger measured them at 3.5v. I believe the Arlo problem has to do with the firmware and is not allowing cameras to operate any lower than 3.5v which is ridiculous. There is a case to be made against Arlo.
AR155
Tutor
Tutor

Issue is a combination of base station being offline, cameras offline, or cameras discharging rapidly.   My issues started with the platform 'upgrade'.  I've resorted to high capacity rechargables as sometimes the batteries would last only a couple of days.  I'm getting thoroughly annoyed at resetting the base-station, and/or up and down ladders changing out batteries what seems like daily, especially given it used to work fine.  I've encountered many problems like this in industry when for no reason IT stops working, usually after initial denials, when pressed there will be an admission that 'someone did something' but it couldn't possibly be the cause of the problem (sarc).  

ISSUES

* Base station -  keeps off-lining, it will show a connection to the internet LED but clearly it isn't. I would add that this has become more stable in the past few days however.

* Cameras - two issues, least frequent is it appears as if its like a firmware roll-out pushed to the cameras that keeps them on, thereby draining the batteries (this I believe bricked one of mine), though most frequent are that the cameras disconnect for no apparent reason.  

All have strong signal coverage (three wifi bars) as I'm luckily enough to centrally mount the base station.  Power is not an issue as the modem and the base-station is connected to a UPS.  

REQUEST

* ARLO please fix the issue, I know I have the original model, but I have put many family and friends on to this system and have become disappointed with system reliability.  oh, and while you are there ARLO, what hours does you online chat work? 00:00 - 00:01? by chance?  no one home, ever.

LAL19
Guide
Guide
All I can say is exactly what is happening to AR155. Very well described with Base Station and batteries.
westtexted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three of the original Arlo systems at different locations, 18 cameras total. The systems worked fine for a year or two. Now all the systems have the problems described, cameras go offline. I have done all the rebooting and reinstalling with only temporary results. I cannot help but think the updates caused the problem. I am beginning to think I have a big investment in a bunch of junk.

simoncu1337
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. All of a sudden my base station was offline. I just unplug and replugged the power cord. One camera ( I have 3) was ok, the 2 others were showing that they were offline, no internet connections. I read some old forums and opened the batteries latch on the 2, they came back online, but woith the batteries almost completely drained ( they were 95%, now 14 and 15%) the one that was always connected is at 85%, It pisses me off to buy new batteries, and speaking of that, do you people buy Arlo batteries, or some otheres china made ?

Jr135
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm sick of this system. I cant keep cameras on line. Seems when I need it most it fails

Makka1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have both Arlo and Arlo Pro 2. Both cameras go offline magically and randomly . Surely Arlo with cost of these cameras you would have a fix other than taking batteries out! Im about to dump these useless cameras for another brand. How are you going to fix this before your reputation is destroyed and I male a claim from you for faulty product. Certainly does not say this is a feature on the box when you advertise them!

Von89
Aspirant
Aspirant
VMB4000
Camera continuously goes offline. Have to take battery out and back in each time. Very inconvenient.
Hophead
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem: Two of 4 cameras are offline. Won't re-sync. Suggestions state to remove and replace the batteries, REALLY !?!.  I bought this system to monitor my home while I'm away. When this problem occurs, will an Arlo rep be on call to remove and replace the batteries or will Arlo pay for a round trip ticket so I can do it myself. Its about time Arlo rectified this issue or refund the cost of the system. I and others made our purchase assuming the good faith of the company to supply a reliable and properly functioning system and support to resolve well known deficiencies in their products. Selling products with known unaddressed deficiencies opens the company to fraud and class action legal remediation. 

hrmpro
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this same problem. Seems to occur when I turn a comers off for a while and it goes into “off line” mode. How did you get your back on line? I pulled the battery’s and put back in but didn’t help. Thanks
Irvrn66
Star
Star

Don't understand the comment that was made due to word misspelling.  But I solved my issue with the base station going offline.  Not that it doesn't go offline on occ. but when I'm away from home now I can at least reset the base station via a smart switch which I can turn power off via wi-fi and when power is turned back on to base station it reboots and reconnects online. Problem solved

Irvrn66
Star
Star

I solved my issue with the base station going off line.  Base station still goes off line on occ. but at least now I can reboot the base station from a remote location and get it back online.  How, you ask, I put a smart switch which only cost approx. $10.00 or less.  I can kill the power to the base station via wi-fi when I'm away from home and when I reenergize the power to the base station, it reboots and comes back online,  Wa,la, problem solved

Irvrn66
Star
Star

I put a smart switch on the power line of the base station.  Now when my base station goes off line while I'm away, I can kill the power to the base station via wi-fi, then when I restore the power via wi-fi, the system reboots and goes back online.  Problem solved

Irvrn66
Star
Star

Number 1 I got tired of recharging batteries so I purchased power adapters for my Arlo cameras

Number 2 the base station freq. went offline especially when I was out of town.  I purchased a smart switch $10.00 and put in on the power cord of the base station. Now when the base station goes off line, I can kill the power to the base station via wi-fi, and when I restore the power the base station reboots and goes back online. Works great and solved problem