Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Clarkcompound
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo has all the sudden stopped working and has a message saying it’s not connected to the internet! My internet is connected and on my hub the lights are lite up saying it’s connected but the app still says it’s not! Can anyone help me with this please?

314 REPLIES 314
cam8435
Aspirant
Aspirant
The update for the camera was on the screen that shows your cameras and base. It had a notification on it. I went to the settings wheel and the update was there. I had to do it to each camera. I also had problems with the base going offline so I turned my modem off to get a new channel. So far so good.
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

Can you kindly provide your camera firmware version and base system firmware version? Which base VMBxxx do you have?

RoniV
Star
Star
Best option is to use live chat with tech support. Saved a lot of time and frustrations for me and were very easy to talk with.
captainjackfan
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue, the camera I got with the base kit is offline and I get it back up and then it tends to go offline. I purchased another arlo cam on amazon and it is working just fine so far! Why is this a problem, I am getting very upset having to keep going out and taking camera down and bringing it into the house base station and having to set it back up again! Come on you are a better company than this! Lets get a firmware update or something to correct this issue!

captainjackfan
Guide
Guide

Here is the screenshot of the issue! One Is Working The Other Is Not? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @captainjackfan

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Cisn5766
Tutor
Tutor

Tried Arlo Support, No resolution just the same answer: new batteries, re-boot, unplug and the distance from base station is approx. 20 ft. but the other cameras are working. Purchased the 4 year warranty but can not use due to still within 1 year warranty with manufacture availble (Dec,2018) so can't be used. Someone just give me a resolution and I won't bother anyone just want it to work!

phantom3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cameras regulary showing as offline and keep require reinstalling, any ideas please why this is now happening on a regular basis, ive had my set up for a few years without issues, now my outside cameras are now doing this regulary, replacing the battery doesnt resolve the problem, only way is to remove each of the cameras, remove base station and re add the cameras, im getting so fed up of having to do this during the last few months im thinking of ditching arlo all together sadly
Terrance1986
Aspirant
Aspirant
Puskas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 cameras, and one of them (the most important set up to monitor the front entrance) is Off Line for 2 days now. All other 4 is ok. I am on holiday and would like to know 1. why? and 2. how to fix it remotely 3. how to fix it at all Thanks in advance. 

ChiPH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I’ll second that. After my recent updates (June 2019). Both of my Arlo systems kept getting errors (cameras go offline) every now and then.
Currently one of the camera is off line and I can’t reconnect it back to it second base.
ChiPH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did that.
Still the same problem after a few days

Now what???

Oh reset every other day
LOL
Peytonsgranma
Aspirant
Aspirant
No
1powerrack
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 systems each of 3 cameras, I have lost 4 cameras to the replace battery prompt, none of the 4 cameras have recovered with new batteries, I have also a base station that will stay up for a couple of hours then drop the config, none of the arlo help guides work. this is most likely due to this equipment is the worst on the market, not fit for purpose poorly made, full of bugs, and how arlo can promote this junk is beyond reason.

Other people have said do not spend your money on this kit and run a mile away, I endorse those statements, I had years of trouble cameras with Y CAM

RoniV
Star
Star
Have you tried live chat with tech support? They did wonders for my system! Have not gone offline since I followed their instructions, probably going on 2 weeks now!!! PLEASE DO SO. IT WILL SAVE YOU FRUSTRATION!!!!!
RoniV
Star
Star
I was instructed to contact my internet provider. I know next to nothing technically but my understanding is whatever internet you have basically has 2 channels. Ask your provider to switch yours to the one that is not being used presently. This is what I did and it's been fine for over 2 weeks now!
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@RoniV With all due respect a lot of us here know how to select wireless channels etc. Glad that was your problem but please don't pollute the thread with bad advice. There are bugs in the Arlo firmware we need to get fixed and that's where the focus needs to stay.

stanley016
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any solution to free up a congested 2.4 network?  My cameras go offline all the time also and it is so annoying!

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you've logged into your router and checked the DHCP Lease (Devices List) to confirm the router runs out of internal DHCP addresses to hand out to devices, you can change the DHCP range to allow more devices to connect. It's usually found under Basic Network settings (varies by router).

If the router's DHCP table isn't full then you likely have other instability issues going on with your WiFi. Also you may have a poor performing router, it's tough to tell without more info.

RoniV
Star
Star
And that's all well and good. I hear you all saying the same thing but I don't hear many saying they have contacted Arlo support. I apologize for polluting the thread on the issue you have. Don't worry. This will be the last time I post ANYTHING in this "community"
Good day
OfflineOllie
Tutor
Tutor

I have 4 cameras and each one has been consistently going offline for the last 9 months. They seem to work for 3 days or so and then one or several go off. Even after I open and close the battery compartment they go back on about half the time. I'm getting tired of rebooting, resetting and recharging. Unless Arlo fixes this issue, they are looking at a potential class action suit.

Mish7
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo always seems to be offline during the night. Its like it goes to sleep when it should be on. Makes me feel very unsafe considering this is the time of the day where I would like it to be working. I’ve checked WiFi and everything is ok. Has anyone experienced the same thing?
It just says base station offline check if connected to internet
Nibb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the first two lights on for some time. I have been tring to sync the cameras. Well, I finally got them sync back in, now the internet as went off!!!!!!! I have went through All of the troubleshooters. This has really been a nightmare!! I need the system working!!! We don't live in the best neighborhood. That's why we spent alot of money on this system!!! PLZ HELP. 

Well, thought it was fixed about an hour ago but now cameras are showing "getting status" again. They have been getting status for about 3 months now. Worked for about 15 minutes today. What is wrong.  How come it all can't work together like it did when we fast bought this mess??????  Just so disappointing!!!!!!

Ustin64
Guide
Guide

and again. Cameras off line again after working for two or three weeks. I don't have time to sit on the phone for a several hours waiting and finally get to talk to someone in foreign tong who is going to pile ton of computer terminology on me that i can't understand. Sick of this arlo. Arlo. Arlo. Do something arlo support. Keep in mind that there is nothing on the box saying that you must have MS in computers in order to use that arlo nonsense. And very expensive and nonsense.

malberts9835
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same base station and camera with the same firmware as everyone.  Mine started to go offline end of June as well.  Tech support is of NO help.  Garbage.  Arlo is horrible.