Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Only Buffers When Connected To My WIFI Network

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Hairfarm
Star
Star

So this problem popped up today.

Now, Arlo will only buffer if I want to view live video and am connected to my WIFI network. If I disable WIFI and use 4GLTE I can veiw it live properly but if I recconect to my WIFI network again the video will ony buffer. And it is constantly dropping offline. It is now unusable. I have resert the base and re-paired the cameras, blah, blah blah.

This was never an issue until recently. My network setting have not changed. My 5G wifi speed is 585mbps and my ISP bandwidth is 100mbps. I have internet connectivity on all other devices.

Any ideas why this is happening? Does battery level have anything to do with it?

The more time I semd with Arlo the better the RING system looking to me.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would power button reset the router and base unit ( in that order, allow time for each to come online )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JohnEQuest
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue.  Started 10/17/2018.  All my cameras will buffer when I am connected to my local Wifi and using my Arlo phone APP.  I turn the Wifi off on my phone and then the cameras when viewed thru the APP work fine, they do not buffer.  Additionally, if I   use my computer and log into Arlo and view all cameras they work fine too, no buffering.  I have booted the Arlo base station several times and my  local router  as well.   I have shut off my phone and restarted. Nothing I have tried so far works.  I have been using Arlo now for over 6 months and all has worked well until now.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

JohnEQuest,

Have you tried to remove & re-install the Arlo Mobile App and test again?

JohnEQuest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reinstalling the phone APP did not help. I also installed the phone APP on a second phone (which is using a different mobile phone carrier) in the household and that installation has the exact same issues, all cameras buffer when the phone is  using local Wifi .  So , it doesn't appear to be an APP issue. BTW, I have also changed locations ( 2 different household local Wifi) , same results at both locations, all cameras buffer continuously when using local Wifi, they do not buffer when  the phone is using  mobile phone connection.  Additional Notes, the Arlo Pro  2 cameras  are using power adapters.  When I don't use the power adapters (batteries only) the cameras stream fine  when the phone is using  local Wifi or  mobile connetion.  What is odd is  my connfiguration all worked for approx. 6 months flawlessly until 10/17/2018 when  all cameras started buffering  continuously.   When I say my configuration, I mean my cameras are using power adapters and my phone using local Wifi to monitor.  FYI, I have uninstalled the basestation, reinstalled it and re-sync'd all the cameras , booted routers, the basestation, and  am preparing a goat for sacrifice...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support