Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Motion detected on login

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Robertogal
Follower
Follower
Hello everyone,
I am experiencing a weird issue. Occasionally, exactly in the moment I perform login on the mobile app, motion appears to be detected and video recording starts. This happens for two different cameras out of four. Never simultaneously. Anybody experienced something similar?
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes... have seen it at times, have no reason why and what causes it.... it seems to come and go at times.

Contact Netgear and put in a trouble ticket just to put it on record.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I also see the same issue on one of my cameras.  If motion alert goes off, I go live to look, when I exit live mode I get 1 or 2 more notifications of motion. Very odd behavior. Doesn't do this on any other camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kmiller8821,

Do you ALWAYS get the same behavior on this camera or is it intermittent when using live view? Does it make any difference what device you use to initiate live view (web client, mobile app, etc.)

JamesC

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

It seems to be consistent.  That same camera will also trigger on an inital alert (my dog in the backyard) and then I'll get 2 or 3 more alerts, even when the dog has come back in.  When I check those events, I see no motion in them except for the inital trigger.  It does seem to occur most frequently during evening/dust but I haven't really given it a lot of thought.  It's also possible that the camera is picking up heat signatures from traffic behind my home.  (Our home backs up to the neighborhood road, although there is a fairly big brick wall).  I've been playing with adjusting the motion sensitivity to see if that will help, still testing that out.