Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo HD camera security system administration access Features

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice

"Access to additional features like mode selection, manual recording, sharing and deleting videos."

I GRANTED another user FULL ADMINISTRATOR ACCESS:
Settings: Grant Access: (Selected User):Allow Access Rights - Radio Button to Green/Right, indicating FULL ACCESS TO {Access to additional features like mode selection, manual recording, sharing and deleting videos}

But when logging into the USERS ACCOUNT, IT DOES NOT allow her to access the cameras, NO FEATURES are available

NO MODE

NO SETTINGS

NO MANUAL RECORDING

NOTHING Under the ARMED Camera is accessable, the arrow is not visible to click on...

WHY & HELP

I also notice that you cannot see on the DEVICE page The battery Life, Strength Signal or Motion Icon

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

After granting access, did you assign the cameras to that person ( it's on a per camera basis )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you mean by placing a check mark to the right of each camera on my list for granted access YES.

or is there another area I need to select the cameras to give permission?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's all in Grant Access.  You might want to try turning off the additional privileges, save and then back on and save.  Maybe something just didn't get saved properly.  A power cycle of the base may help, too.

wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice

I Have tried everything, Recycling the Base Station, adding & removing privledges and nothing is allowing either one of us,  to being able to share access each others MODES.

I have access to hers and she to mine, neither can access camera settings only view, download and delete, but cannot access MODE to make changes to motion or time recording. We cannot see each others battery, wifi signal or motion man.

Thanks for trying to help, I would like to know if others can see granted access MODE on the shared camera?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wiccawillow,

As long as "Allow Access Rights" is enabled and the desired cameras are toggled for sharing, the user should have access to the following: How do I edit my friend’s privileges in my Arlo account?

I have tested this and did not see any issues. Consider deleting the shared user and go through the Grant Access process again.

JamesC

wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice

NOTHING SUGGESTED SO FAR has worked:

I have RESET, Deleted, RE-Booted and still I CANNOT access FRIENDS Camera MODE to make adjustments.

IS MY SYSTEM BROKEN.

I can see the videos and delete them, BUT CANNOT SEE the BATTERY, MOTION MAN or Adjust the Motion or Video times

WHY?

FRUSTRATED!

Chris

manfredz
Hero
Hero

i've had that on occasion.  one or another of using a different bowser, rebooting my pc and rebooting my base station have always helped

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wiccawillow,

Do you get the same behavior if you try accessing from a different browser? 

JamesC