Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo HD and Nighthawk x4S R7800 Router

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jayb3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the Netgear x46 r7800 router hoping that i could sync my arlo hd cameras directly to the router without the need of the Arlo base station. I read the netgear support/message boards and it appears that it was a feature on the R7000 model (integrated with the router software) on some firmware versions. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Netgear-R7000-Router-and-buying-Arlo/td-p/10329...

Can i set this up with my X4S R7800 router?>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jayb3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! I really which they develop a new firmware version that wil support that feature. Hope that happens in the future, i believe that it will be an incentive to purchase netgear routers vs. other brands. Im still happy with my router purchase, but i would definitely be more ecstatic if it had this feature.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Even the R7000 with the latest firmware doesn't connect directly to Arlo wireless cams. You'll need a base station

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No... the 7000 had SW in the early stages of Arlo ( back in 2015 and early 2016 ) but the router dropped the SW as they were having issues with it operating.

There is no router at this time that supports the Arlo cameras directly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jayb3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! I really which they develop a new firmware version that wil support that feature. Hope that happens in the future, i believe that it will be an incentive to purchase netgear routers vs. other brands. Im still happy with my router purchase, but i would definitely be more ecstatic if it had this feature.