Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo H7 Cameras, Cannot connect for live feed, but will record when motion triggers

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
traviskula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looking for help! Base station VMB3010r2 and cameras H7 (original arlo camera system)... all firmware up to date (1.16.6.3 and 1.4.293)

Problem 1: System randomly start disconnecting from the base station. When I open the battery cover and close, it connects but only lasts a day or so. Brand new batteries, energizer.

Problem 2: If the system is armed, it will pick up motion and record video... which I can watch. But if I try to connect to the camera for a live feed, it just keeps spinning "connecting" until is it goes back to as if I didn't click the play/live feed button. 

Any ideas how to remedy? I have tried new batteries, resync, restarts, etc. THANK YOU!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both of these issues sound like a signal strength/quality problem to me. Has any wireless device been added or moved near cameras or base that also uses the 2.4GHz band? If not, try moving the base away from the router to see if that helps. Do all cameras have the problem or just some? If just some, try swapping cameras around to see if it's the cameras or the location.

traviskula
Aspirant
Aspirant
The issue is with all cameras. It’s worked fine for years and it’s something that just recently started. I have tried moving the cameras closer especially after re-syncing them and the issue still occurs. There aren’t any other wireless devices by the cameras
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be a problem with the power supply and/or the base. You didn't say if you tried moving the base away from the router which could be a fix but I suspect it's failing hardware. If you can determine it's the power supply, you could purchase a universal one that can be configured to supply the same voltage and current as the original but be sure to also match the polarity of the connector.

traviskula
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn’t try moving the base station as it’s been in the same location for years (and a pain since it’s mounted to the ceiling). But yes, I’m thinking the hardware is starting to fail as it’s the original Arlo system