Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Constantly Detects Motion. Tried reducing Sensitivity, Changed Location, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Trj21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reduced sensitivity, moved it to different locations, fully charged batteries, removed the device from the app and re-synced it. I even brought it into the house and pointed it at a wall. It still continues to detect motion that does not exist.  Goes off about every 2-3 minutes. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you changing the sensitivity in your modes and rules? If so, it sounds like a faulty camera - swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a possible replacement.

Trj21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Morning,

Thanks so much for the quick response. I changed the sensitivity through the Arlo Android app, devices,  Device Utilities, Motion Detection Test, Modify how sensitive the camera is. I have 2 other cameras set up that are and have been working flawlessly. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The motion test is just a test - it doesn't save. Since you might have multiple modes with rules that have different sensitivity settings, a global setting wouldn't make sense. If not familiar with modes and rules, check the FAQs in the support area about modifying the sensitivity in the camera rules as well as creating custom modes for complete control.

However, I suspect the camera is faulty due to the detection even when aimed at a wall.

Trj21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Morning jguerdat,

Thank you for your reply and insight. I have as you suggested modified the sensitivity settings and tried custom modes. No luck. I am thinking my camera may have gone bad somewhere else.  I have contacted Arlo Support for some direction. Thanks again for your time and input.

Trj21
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has not been resolve as of yet. I put a ticket in with Arlo Support and am waiting on their findings. 

Camera is still not operative. 

Thank you for checking back. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't let the ticket time out. Keep pestering them. I'd do it every other day at least.

Trj21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate the advice jguerdat!

Thank you!