Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kk2115
Aspirant
Aspirant
I received my camera system and all are synced and set up with the base. All needed a firmware update and I was able to successfully update all but 1 camera. I have tried multiple times to update the camera, and have taken the batteries out, removed and re-synced the camera, as well as reset the home base. The camera continues to either reject the upgrade or it states the upgrade “times out”. Unfortunately, I cannot use the camera as the view on the app is blocked by the notice that it needs an upgrade. I even waited overnight to see if it would automatically update, but it did not. Frustrated and unsure what to do.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kk2115,

Often times a firmware update will fail due to low or depleted batteries or poor connect with the base station. Be sure the batteries are good or replace with new fresh batteries, bring the camera close to the base station (within a few feet) and allow the camera to attempt the update overnight. Do you still experience an issue?

JamesC

M412KY
Tutor
Tutor

Could be the same issue we've been having with V11 cameras not being updated.

see links below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/arlo-upgrade-failed-camera-rejected-upgrade-request/td-p/16136...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Firmware-update-will-not-complete-for-1-camera/m-p/1621788

JamesC can we please have an official respose to these threads as it's too much of a coincidence that V11 Cameras will not update to the latest formware. I've been unable to use my 5th camera in over 2 weeks now and giving the try new batteries with the camera next to the base station response is getting a bit tiring. I tried it loads of times even to the point where I've wasted a new set of batteries. I wouldn't mind but these batteries aren't cheap

Regards

Mark H

@JamesC wrote:

Kk2115,

Often times a firmware update will fail due to low or depleted batteries or poor connect with the base station. Be sure the batteries are good or replace with new fresh batteries, bring the camera close to the base station (within a few feet) and allow the camera to attempt the update overnight. Do you still experience an issue?

JamesC

Kk2115
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tried all of this and still have the issue. The batteries are brand new. I just purchased these cameras and have yet to even be able to use this 4th camera due to the issue. I contacted support and was told to power cycle the base and cameras 3-4 times, and wait 48hrs for it to automatically update. I did this and the camera did not update overnight like they keep telling me it should. Now this morning, after all the power cycles I was instructed to do, the camera is having trouble connecting to the internet in general. All of the other cameras have a very strong connection and we do have good internet speed. 

M412KY
Tutor
Tutor
Can you check the hardware version for the cameras in the app to see if they are all the same version. The camera in my setup that won't update is H11, whereas the 4 H7 cameras updated with no issue.