Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
MWaller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo disarms itself. This morning, for example, I got a notification at 5 am. By the time I got up a couple hours later, the system had been disarmed. I have reset and reinstalled the base station and resysnced the cameras. I have also deleted all of my custom modes. This has been hapening for about the last two months or so. Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
My guess is there wacky firmware updates. Others complaining of same things and other issues. Somehow it seems to only affect certain cameras and obviously they (Arlo) have bot figured it out yet
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MWaller,

Are you using Geofencing or schedule? Any third party integrations such as Smarthings, IFTTT etc? If so, be sure these are set up correctly to set the correct mode when desired.

JamesC

MWaller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: I found a number of Arlo arming and disarming applets in IFTTT. I have turned them all off. Let's see what happens.

MWaller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo disarms itself every morning about 5:30. I have removed everything in Smatythings and IFTTT. I have also removed the schedule mode and any custom modes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Arlo base and resynced all the cameras. Still no joy.

In the past i did have a schedule that disarmed at about 5:30 in the morning. It seems that even though the schedule and all related custome modes have been eliminated that some residual commands are still in operation.

Any ideas?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MWaller,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Hawkeye12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Di dthis ever get fixed for you ? I am having the same issue and customer support was unable to fix it

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Hawkeye12,

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing?

Tjsport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue I'm having.  I'm using the schedule mode and it is setup as armed from lets say 7am to 7pm weekly.  All other times including the weekend, record only.  Every Saturday the system shows DISARMED and I have to manually select the record only mode.  Some mornings at 5am shows diarmed and when I get to work it goes back to armed.  Frustrating.  Tech support said to factory reset the base unit and re-pair all of the cameras.  I haven't done that yet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Before you reset, try using a browser to check and set your schedule. I find it just works better. The app sometimes displays wrongly.

Tjsport
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've looked and created the schedule many ways.  iPhone, iPad and web browser.  No matter what method I use to create the schedule, it Disarms on Saturday and other random days/times.   One might say Armed, the other two say Disarmed.  No idea unless you walk through a camera and find out.  I've just manually set the mode on Saturday until the next update to see if that fixes anything. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the time being, use only the browser to set and check the schedule.

Hawkeye12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks all. This was resolved by using the browser. I also escalated to Arlo support because they thought the iOS issue was resolved.