Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Cameras Not Recording Consistently

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Tessy
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras are not recording the way they are suppose to! The last working day was Dec. 20th, on the 21st it only recorded 2 times and then it caught nothing on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th (mind you we had a lot of in & out on the 24th) on the 25th again only 2 recordings. I have my settings on "Optimize" with 72% of battery life and adjusted the motion to 88 (but has been at 80 since I purchased the equipment)

Not sure if it has anything to do with the last update, I have an iPhone 6 Plus

Thank you for your help!!!
8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you say it's from the last update, go and check the settings of your MODES

Make sure they are activated and the sense levels are where you want them instead of default levels.

Also an easy thing to do is reboot the base via the power button.. Also power button reboot the phone.

If the above doesn't work you may have to go a bit farther and reset the cameras ( pull batteries and replace ) andmaybe do a full reset ofthe base just incase something got glitched... a full reset will put all to default again, so you may have to re-sync thecams and reset your sense levels/reocrd times.

( so do this last )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Debk
Aspirant
Aspirant

my videos have not been recording.  I get a notification every time and no recording is available in library.  So I rebooted and now 1 of my cameras is off line???? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Debk,

It sounds like your cameras/base station may not be on the latest firmware. If you navigate to Settings > My Devices > select a camera/base station, what firmware version is displayed?

JamesC

Tessy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware: 1.2.10342
Hardware: H7
Dankgilam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it supposed to record even if I don't open the app? I tried doing it. I began recording and closed to app. I came back to check the recording, it had only recorded the moments I had my app on and watching it. We like the recording option so we can go back to it.
Dankgilam
Aspirant
Aspirant
My firmwares are up to date for base and cameras. "My Device" says so
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dankgilam,

If you are live streaming and recording, the app must be open for the recording to continue. Otherwise, the app does not need to be open to capture motion detection events when the system is "Armed".

JamesC

Dankgilam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Works now